General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

A list of common annoying S-10 Blazer quirks.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 07:11 AM
CTTownsend is on a distinguished road

LMAO,...all rings true. Having said that, I'm on my 8th and I'm sad they jumped the shark with the TrailBlazer. Having a hard time figuring out what to buy next. Love that 4.3!!

Old 04-01-2016, 05:22 AM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ski9600
I just noticed this week that the rubber molding was loose at the top of the drivers door on the frame side (roof side). It was pushing up, and I noticed that it's only held on by two sided tape which was torn vertically. A drop or two of super glue should take care of that problem. I haven't done mine yet, but it's not supposed to snow till tomorrow night.
Don`t worry your not along.The roof rail gaskets at the corner of both driver and passenger are doing the same thing.I don`t know why gm skipped these areas,but they did.It`s best to use the black weatherstrip adhesive when foolling with black rubber gaskets.Super glue will only last so long.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:34 AM
Toocute350 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazer47
for the seat handle that's broken go to gmseatsolutions.com cost you about 25.00 with the shipping it WORKS and takes longer to get a beer and the tools to fix.

for the tailgate that droops you need to figure out which of the pistons are no good. cost you about 15.00- 20.00 for the part, it takes about 10 minutes and you need a screwdriver and needle nose pliers.

for the number 3 spark plug you can use a socket that has a hex on the outside or there is a GM tool that costs about 30.00, I borrow my neighbors as he is a GM mechanic. but if I can get the number i'll post. if ANY mechanic tells you to lift the engine run fast from that guy.
I`ve bought a repair kit for my driver side seat handle also.I`ve had it going on 8 months
now.It`s worth the $25.00 and some change investment.No problems what so ever.As far as getting to the #3 plug on my ride, I just bit the bullet and loosened the steering shaft, pulled it up, slid it out of the way.You have to becareful that the steering wheel doesn`t spin on you.It would suck, if you reinstalled the steering shaft, to only learn that the steering wheel isn`t in the correct 12:00 spot.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:04 PM
98blazer4door is on a distinguished road

Only problem I have is the hood latch it broke so old pliers an have to yank up on driver side Corner of the hood to get it open and then back glad and hatch won't stay up so got a piece of 2x4 I had laying around to hold it up. Lol

Old 04-15-2016, 05:28 PM
johnnylovsey is on a distinguished road
Default The Drivers Seat

Wiggles when taking off from a stop and stopping and driving in general that is until I pulled back the molding in the front of the seat and saw the two star bit screws tightened them thought someone put a new seat in for me and just imagine I have put up with that wiggle since Sept,2009 and I now have a very solid seat all the time.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:08 AM
Default Gas mileage

You know since purchase I have done a lot to my blazer I like things working rite and well but since purchase I have put on 30.000 and only put in a new cap and rotor in it after the lower manifold gaskets.But my last fill up was 9 gallons and I reset the trip odom,and then refilled it today it took another 9 gallons and the trip odom,was at 204.5 so by my figuring that is like 22 mph and I was sure these 4.3 liters didn't get better then 15-18 mph.And thats in city not freeway.So my question to you blazers out there is what kind of milage do you all get.Is 22 normal because I thought 15-18 was the normal milage per gallon.For the 4.3 liter.At least I think thats what I was getting before the new cap and rotor they both looked bad when I did the intake so I replaced them both exspecting to finish the tune up this summer.I also put a light weight alumin tran,s pan with a drain in it and keep my filter and trans fluid real clean don't know if that makes any difference but thats all besides all new disk,s and shocks tires.most Surpentine Belt pulleys the air pump a new Gates belt and a 145 amp alternator.Oh yea all new gromets in the valve covers it was the only place oil ceped out so fixed it as well.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:45 PM
Default Blazer quirks

Here's one I don.t smoke any more but when I did the window switch would have bothered me as well so here's what you can do take some saran wrap tuck it into the space where the hole panel pops out and then cover all switches and poke in the rest under the switch panel at the bottom should let you drive in the rain without any problems.Ill read the rest later and see if any more fixes or temp cures comes my way.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:06 PM
Beginning Member
bunson70 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone else have a problem with the drivers side window gasket sagging? I took the interior panel off, and I can't get to the gasket. I can't pull the gasket up either. It's like it fell down and was then glued. I have a 2000 Blazer.

Attached Thumbnails A list of common annoying S-10 Blazer quirks.-img_20170115_162831651_hdr.jpg   A list of common annoying S-10 Blazer quirks.-img_20170115_162856627.jpg  
Old 01-22-2017, 04:02 PM
Beginning Member
Mannclan is on a distinguished road

2000 LT:

Hood latch would stick and I'd have to pound on the hood. Used white lithium spray on the latch assembly and it works great now.

Both upper hinge pin bushings on the front doors wore out. Had to have them replaced.

Parking brake pedal stuck after applying the brake and I ended up having to cut the cable. While replacing the cable I pulled the pedal assembly and sprayed it with white lithium also. Works great now.

The heat shield on the catalytic converter rattles.

The drivers window won't go back up until I wait for 30-45 seconds.

The heater core sprung a leak.

The rear hatch window supports don't hold the window up. Gets worse the colder it gets outside.

The transfer case sprung a leak and ended up destroying the internals.

The latch on the center arm rest broke.

The center dash vents broke and flopped any direction they wanted to. Found replacements at You Pull It.

The vanity mirror cover on the passenger side visor broke off and the light stayed on all the time. Found a replacement at YPI again.

The cargo area had a retractable cover that was missing. YPI to the rescue again.

The driver side power mirror has a broken gear that doesn't allow the mirror to move far enough to the left and has to be moved by hand. The heater still works though.

The steering wheel cover is deteriorating.

The dash has 2 small cracks since replacing the heater core.

The front shocks squeak. They were replaced just a year ago.

Both CV joints make popping noises.

Both headlights had broken mounts. I bought new ones online and replaced.

After starting the engine, air is heard in the water in the heater core.

The front bumper was hit, or hit something, in the past and is slightly crumpled. The plastic strip doesn't attach in the middle anymore.

The front passenger seat motor doesn't work.

The luggage rack finish is peeling in different places.

Last edited by Mannclan; 01-22-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:29 AM
Beginning Member
Rivelite is on a distinguished road

No sure if this was mentioned but the rear window wiper on my ZR2 clears just enough snow/rain to only see the the rear tire and not an inch more! LOL

Quick Reply: A list of common annoying S-10 Blazer quirks.