General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Might be gettting rid of my blazer

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Might be gettting rid of my blazer

It was leaking anti-frezze the other day from my water pump and i replaced the pump all bolts are/were tight. started it up an waited for it to get hot an it didnt leak.... took it out lastnight to pull my buddy out of my swamp and as soon as i started to pull him it just started spewing anti frezze all over from the bottom side of the water pump. it also has an ideling problem it hic-ups and wants to die under hard acceleration also still cant figure out the speed-o/odo problem....its been nothing but problems since the dayi got it.....so i guess what im asking is should i sell it/scrap it or keep it and try to fix it.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Might be gettting rid of my blazer

I have seen this too many times to count... Improperly machined (or remachined) water pumps which do not have parallel mounting flanges (parallel with each other) or mounting flanges that are not flat which allow space for the gasket to blow out. I know there has been atleast one member here that has gone through that.

I bet you blew out a gasket. You can check the pump by placing it on a known flat surface and observing the flange to flange flatness.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Starting Member
RolingKCBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, the gasket got messed up re did the gaskets and made some videos today that will be up shortly

Old 11-02-2008, 06:39 PM
mysons95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, mine was dumping coolant as fast as I could pour it in. It turned out that the guy who changed out the water pump used some low quality gasket...or even just that paste stuff.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:48 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

I was the one who had the problem with a new waterpump blowing out the gaskets, happened to me twice till i finally saw the problem.. All better now...