General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Most dangerous vehicle?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 08:06 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default Most dangerous vehicle?!

According to this study, http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...hs_safest.html, The 2wd 2 door Blazer is the most dangerous vehicle on the road... Just a curiosity point.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Most dangerous vehicle?!

but data can be skewed because there arent a lot of mercedes e-class out there and there is a ton of 2dr blazers... i had to do a project in my statistics class about the death penalty, texas has the highest number of inmates on death row but is that because is that because we're the most crime ridden state? or is it because we are (by far) the largest(by population)state that institutes capital punishment?

but i still agree that its never a good thing to have a vehicle that similar to mine have the title of "deadliest car"

i would really like to see the full list and not just the 10 best and worst

EDIT: i just realized that it was out of a million so im assuming that means there were a million of each model. if so, then that invalidates what i said above... i really want to know where the 4dr 4wd blazer is at on that list

Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

308 deaths per million, I can live with those odds. lol.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:41 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Figures don't lie, but liars do figures.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Starting Member
cr1msonmyst is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, there really should be a better basis for comparison... like using the actually crash test results

Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 AM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont really agree with thier basis for gauging the safety of a vehicle. But boy, there sure is a lot of Chevy splattered on that highest death list....

p.s. I also find it amusing that I own a 2dr Blazer and an E-Class Sedan....

Old 10-30-2007, 01:49 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Yeah you get the polar opposites...
According to another article I found, the 1995-2000Chevrolet models didn't offer side airbags and the two-door model didn't have enough roof support. But then again, the Envoy, Bravada, and Jimmy weren't taken into consideration.

And yet another article about thedangerous new model vehicles, the buick Rendesvous was among the bottom, and the GM 360/370 platforms were some of the safest because theyoffered5 airbags.

Concerning our K5 owners,another article said thatfuel tank safety issues were a factor in the 80's model 1/2 ton-1 ton trucks

What I didn't understand is why the 4wd latemodel Blazers aren't in the most dangerous category and the 2wd models are. Better stance? Lower center of gravity? Better suspension package? More rigid frame?.... I dunno.

Old 10-30-2007, 02:09 PM
mitchherman is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a thought - the higher fatality rate might have to do with the typical Age/Gender driverattracted to a 2WD Blazer.
Young male drivers are not the safest things on the road.... I know... I used to be one. *smile*

I drive less like a maniac now that I don't have the delusion that I'm immortal till the day I die.
*wink*

Old 10-30-2007, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

"Chevrolet Blazer 4dr 2WD

190"

Practically all the vehicles in the "Most Dangergous" category is stuff mostly young, or inexperienced people drive...

Most new drivers figure anything rides on rails... And we don't even need to get started on winter drivers, lol.

Though, around here, the whole "immortal man" thing doesn't really go away... It just turns into more expensive vehicles... After all, I know one guy who had his GPS record a maximum speed of 241km/h (which is about 150MPH) with his 3/4 ton Chevy... on 38" tires....

Old 10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

I'd drive a 2 door 2wd blazer before I'd drive another Kia Sephia...mainly because...there's more vehicle...from personal experience...I see a lot of accidents...with a lot of different cars...trucks...vans...buses...regardless of all the doo daad's and super protection this and that...ultimately...the bigger the car the better odds you have of winning...side curtain airbags my protect your noggin'...but not your chest, pelvis, and femur's..which will ultimately lead to your death...(but your face will look pretty for the funeral) the facts are...and SUV/Crossover/whatever higher center of gravity vehicle is significantly more likely to roll...add that with the fact people don't like seat belts...equals more fatalities...doesn't matter if you have a hummer...you wrap it around a tree at 60 miles an hours....you too will die...most of the safety ratings for for head on...or side colisions...most accidents aren't head on..they are glancing blows leading people to over correct..or flip..or roll...not to mention side impacts are almost impossible to not get seriously injured...if there's significant intrusion into vehicles......which brings me back to my first point...I'd rather drive a Blazer than a Kia....

Quick Reply: Most dangerous vehicle?!