General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

MPG 2001 4x4 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 08:51 PM
19884x4blazer is on a distinguished road
Default MPG 2001 4x4 Blazer

Does anyone know what kind of MPG does a 2001 Blazer 4x4 V6 gets? I might getting one.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:04 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

....theres a mpg thread on the forum, but im sure you looked at that already. honestly ive seen anywhere from 9-10mpg to 19-20+mpg it all depends on the condition of the blazer and your driving habits.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:50 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Work on the worst case senaio of 10 mpg. Anything above is a bonus LOL. Around tow I get 12 mpg. But then I'm in New Zealand & maybe our gas is inferior - it's got all this "green" stuff added to the gas!

Old 06-14-2009, 02:52 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

My 01 gets 12-14 in town.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:12 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Mine is in that area too. I've never actually done the math to figure it out, but I would imagine it's in the 10-20 range.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:27 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

It's easy for you to do the math. Just take the miles, divide by gallons & there you have it.

NOW, for me to compare with you guys, well .. that's more complicated.

Convert kilometres to miles, convert litres to gallons (US gallons mind, not imperial), then divide miles by gallons.

And my gas milage is still ....

Old 06-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Beginning Member
ZR2nut is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 99 ZR2 Blazer and I am running 32" BFG MTs with 118,000 miles on the clock.On the highway I am getting 19 mpg and city driving is around 15 mpg.I change the oil every 3,000 miles and run sea foam thru it every 10,000 miles.I also change the trans fluid and filter every year.It still runs strong and I would drive it anywhere.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:33 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

I am currently getting 15 city and 18 hwy...

Old 06-14-2009, 08:50 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Old 06-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Starting Member
Swain is an unknown quantity at this point

I get 18-19mpg mixed city/highway/offroading. Every tank is pretty much the same no matter the condition but I don't drive like a complete moron. I have 31" tires, Airraid CAI, ported throttle body, PCMforless tuned computer, Power Performance heavy duty front suspension kit, fresh intake gaskets & updated spyder injectors. I eliminated the EGR while doing the intake gaskets as the tube was seized and broke so I cut the fittings off and welded up the top of a bolt to each.

The truck has a lot of new parts but the rest are all stock(replacements) unless I am forgetting something, the usual dist. cap & rotor, wires, AC Delco plugs, fuel filter, alternator, waterpump, radiator, UCA & sway bar bushings, new brakes front and back including calipers, and of course all the fluids. Seafoam ran through the brake booster hose, engine oil, and gas tank. Mobil 1 5w30 religiously.

Got the computer tuned for everything above and still saved money from what GM wanted for the new EGR tube that runs from the d/s exhaust manifold to the lower intake manifold lol. While I was doing the intake gaskets I pretty much cleaned everything up to where I would feel comfortable serving dinner off it!

I still press a little hard on the skinny pedal sometimes, I would imagine if I went on a road trip on flat highway with cruise I would be up in the low 20's. I now bought a cheap 5spd Sunfire to drive to and from work(100km/day) because my Blazer is running good and I don't want that to change!

There is (sadly) probably a lot more I am leaving out but I have done absolutely everything myself with the exception of the brakes two years ago because I have never messed with drums. Since then though the next time either of my vehicles need brakes it will be a cakewalk! The only thing I have needed a hand for was to pump the brake pedal while bleeding lines and to put the body lift puck in while I was jacking the body off the frame and checking for possible snags.

If you are looking to raise your fuel economy do all the cheap things; fuel filter first then Seafoam. New fluids and cleaning EGR + MAF, put in a new set of AC Delco plugs gapped to factory specs and you will probably already notice a good difference for under $50-$60

Sorry for the long post lol getting late.

Quick Reply: MPG 2001 4x4 Blazer