General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

My New Workbench - Resurrected from deletion

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default My New Workbench - Resurrected from deletion

Just finished making my new 36x72 workbench for my basement. Cost me $100 even for all of the lumber to build it. Legs are 4x4, leading edge of the table top is 2x8 (to strap a vise on it sometime later) and the actual table top is 3/4" fiber board that I'll varnish so that oils and other crap don't dig into the fiber board. The legs were salvaged from a pile of junk at RIT before it was thrown into the dumpster. They make it VERY easy to keep the table level. I put the shelf on the back high enough that I could put a small flourecent (sp?) light under it later on if needed. I have a 2 bulb 48" flourecent fixture to hang from the ceiling as well. I've still got to do some wiring in the basement for the light as well as for some outlets for the workbench. I have some 1x4's cut to fill in the shelf on the lower horizontal supports as well as some peg board to put along the back between the upper shelf & the table top to prevent things from falling off the back. There will be tons of storage space on it as well as a VERY nice work space.

Here's some pics:

Now I've just got to take it apart enough to get it down into the basement, LOL...
Let me know what you think.