General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Need A VIN

Old 01-11-2009, 02:52 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need A VIN

I was wondering anyone that had a 98 99 (preferably a 99) or 2000 with factory keyless entry if you could give me your vin. I went to the chevy dealer to try to get the part number for keyless entry module but because mine didnt come with it the part number isnt in his computer and he cant tell me what i need. Basically i just want a vin that came with original factory keyless so i can give it to the guy at the chevy dealer and i can get a part number. I have a 99 LS 4X4 4 door. If any1 has a truck the same or close please could you tell me your vin. Thanks so much i appreciate it alot.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:56 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Need A VIN

Looking at the wrong thing keyless would be in the RPO codes in the glovebox not the vin number. Example: in my 94 the RPO code for keyless entry is AX3 dont know if that changed in 2nd gens or not.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:10 PM
1991whiteoutblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Mechanical Catalog - 1999 - Chevrolet/Geo - S-10
Electrical, Body electrical, Keyless entry components, Receiver, Receiver, s-series, all-
Total: $87.13
From gmpartsdirect.com

Not sure how a VIN will help and why yours wouldn't work. The RPO is either AX3 or AU0.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:47 PM

i know all about the rpo codes if auo is present you have keyless the reason i need a vin is to give to the guy at the parts department at chevy for him to put in his computer and when he puts it in his computer it shows him all the available options, mine does not include keyless so there is no parts for keyless under my vin. I need another vin so i can get that part number. Plus i wanna go threw chevy with the part number and gmpartsdirect ive looked on that sitea million times. Ive been looking for this for a long time, this includes a ton of google searches and ebay searches.

The guy atchevy told me if i brought him avin that was my year or close to it and had stockkeyless entry he could look up the module ineeded and get me a part number.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:02 PM
1991whiteoutblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I got you now. Try this one then...It's a truck at the salvage yard and it has leather, sunroof and keyless.

1GNDT13W9X2158809

Old 01-11-2009, 06:17 PM

appreciate it man that'll work great

Old 01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully that works out and they only use that VIN to update the RKE functionality.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:25 PM

yea well im a go there tommorow and check it out and ask if they can reprogram it which hopefully there not stupid and can. Any 1 know how much there gonna charge me to tell my computer that the RKE is there?

Old 01-11-2009, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Why not get an aftermarket system with security? The cost of that part alone is more than a basic keyless system at circuit city...

Old 01-11-2009, 11:11 PM

eh cause i want it stock surprsingly even though my truck dosent really follow the stock "way" i dont want people cutting into my harness's and stuff. Plus i just bought a module about 10 minutes ago off ebay (thanks for the vin) and i bought 1 clicker. Made sure everything matched up including hte FCC ID's. Now i just gotta wait for it to come in the mail Ill repost back when i get it in and go down to the dealer.I hopefully wont be charged out the a** for labor but w.e. I was planning on going to Darryl Burke Cheverolet on 401 <<<< (applies to us that live in NC) ive been to them a couple times they seem like a good dealer hopefully they won't have stupid techies cause i dont feel like driving to go to another one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need A VIN