General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

New to forum - First Post - Reclaimed Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 08:59 PM
BlkBlazer2000 is on a distinguished road
Default New to forum - First Post - Reclaimed Blazer

Just wanted to shoot a hello and a quick story about my Blazer and a first post. Hope this is in the right place as it seems general.

I bought my 2000 Blazer LS for $500 10/13. When I found it was sitting behind an old warehouse in a treeline and had not run in a year. Found the guy who owned it and he told me it had no compression a cylinder and that the radiator fan failed and went through the radiator. I guess you could say it should have just been hauled off but It had very little rust for a 2000 with 145,000 in Illinois with a clean interior and I saw potential. I had always liked the S10 body style and found this forum with plenty of helpful users that have mentioned pretty much everything that needed or could need fixed.

Before buying did a compression test and found all the cylinders had the same reading (Negated to mention to seller). I got the engine to fire but it was not on all cylinders. Figured spider assembly and bought it. I was a little curios how the radiator fan "failed" and found that the front passenger body mount (Upon towing it out) was non existent. The fan failed because it stood up in the shroud and tore itself and everything to pieces.

So after getting it home:
Replaced body mount.
All fluids
Inner and outer tie rods and adjusters.
Pitman and Idler arm.
4 Shocks
All new brakes and rotors.
Upper intake gaskets
All vacuum lines
Spider injector to MPFI
Plugs, wires, rotar, cap, coil.
Radiator, fan, water pump, and shroud
New tires

It fired right up as soon I turned the key. It was awesome to see all the crap blow out the pipe as it found new life. The 4wd components came next. Replaced everything but the transfer case in the chase of that Demon. The diaphragm and cable were bad and so was the transfer case motor(had trans fluid in it). Replaced the TCCM because it wouldn't always go into 4wd and stay there. And when it did engage it would never come out. Only had to slide into one curb last winter with no 4wd and ruined the steering gearbox to finally replace tccm :/ (was pretty loose anyway. ). Found TCCM for $35 in a junk yard and all is well. total parts was around $2750.

Most of the parts are new. Few were reclaimed. It does what I need it to and still looks good but I don't blink an eye at a door ding. Avg about 18 mpg and it has 161,000. Occasionally I tow a 3000 conduit reel trailer and it acts like it wants more. S10's are great trucks.....after you fix a few things!

Thanks for reading!

Attached Thumbnails New to forum - First Post - Reclaimed Blazer-2014-05-28.jpg  
Old 10-27-2015, 05:25 AM
Starting Member
Red Sled is on a distinguished road

Great deal!!! Another Blazer brought back from the dead. Roll On!!