General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

new guy with new blazer...couple ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Jawsgt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new guy with new blazer...couple ?'s

hey guys i just bought a 97 blazer 4x4 4dr, and i have a few questions. my blazer has an open diff and i have a complete rear end out of a 95 trans am, will that limited slip diff work in my blazer? also ive been searching all over the web for lift kits,brush guards,rims/tires,racks with lights. I'm doing ok so far but i can not find a brush guard to my liking. im looking for a full brush guard and maybe beable to hold a winch. as for lift kits ive found a couple but theres not beento many to choose from. can you guys send me in the right direction. i dont want to go to extreme with the lift mayb 2-4 inches but im not to sure how high i can go without messing with other stuff like steering and and such. any advice and info would be greatly appreciated. thanx

josh

Old 02-08-2009, 09:42 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: new guy with new blazer...couple ?'s

The front end design of blazers is not compatible with brush guard mounted winches. There is an awesome hidden winch mount on Synergy Offroad (although Im not sure if its 95-97 compatible) that will fit with a brush guard.

As for lifts, you can go 2' before you run into problems with the front axle. More than 2' of suspension lift and you need a full kit (5' or 6' and not cheap). 2' suspension and 2' body is a good in between though

Old 02-09-2009, 03:09 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

That carrier is not going to work in the blazers housing. You could search the salvage yards for the correct one. GM trucks with factory limited slips or gov-locs have a G80 code in the glove box. Go with a body lift to start with and pay attention to the wheel backspacing of any aftermarket rims you buy.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:03 AM
Jawsgt is an unknown quantity at this point

i was wondering something about a body lift, arent the hooks up front tied to the frame then they go through the bumper, if u lift the the body how does the hooks still go through the bumper slots?

Old 02-09-2009, 08:00 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

You have to cut the bumper at the bottom to let the hooks poke through most of the time. Or if you go with the BDS body lift, it comes with metal blocks that raise the hooks to the top of the frame rail letting them poke through in the factory position.