General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

One ton idler arm ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Forist72 is on a distinguished road
Default One ton idler arm ?

Hey guys I remember seeing some one saying they put one on there blazer. Was just trying to find out what if anything you had to change / modify to put one on. Thanks for any help.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Synergy Offroad sells an adapter bracket that makes it a bolt-in swap. They also have a full kit that includes everything you need to get the swap done.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Synergy Offroad sells an adapter bracket that makes it a bolt-in swap. They also have a full kit that includes everything you need to get the swap done.
Dayum... $369.95 for the kit. That's a lotta dead presidents to part with.
I'd be interested in reading reviews from people who have already installed this Idler Arm Upgrade Kit with before and after results, before I hand over the scratch.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

There's not much to review, 1 ton idler arm > stock idler arm = less idler arm replacing.

I can't review the bracket because I built my own.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Starting Member
Blazer_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
There's not much to review, 1 ton idler arm > stock idler arm = less idler arm replacing.

I can't review the bracket because I built my own.
Oh, ok...
So it doesn't actually make any improvements over a new replacement Moog idler arm?
It just doesn't wear out in a year the way the factory replacement can? Is that correct?

Old 07-10-2014, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

The biggest benefit is that it won't wear out so quickly if ever. If you spend a lot of time offroad it is a worthwhile upgrade as most have said it keeps the steering much tighter. Is it worth the price they are asking... I wouldn't pay their asking price personally cause I could make it myself for about $10 worth of steel and a few hours time but for someone without a welder or fab skills it is likely worth it. If you are just street driving tho I would just stick with the moog.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Blazer_4x4
Oh, ok...
So it doesn't actually make any improvements over a new replacement Moog idler arm?
It just doesn't wear out in a year the way the factory replacement can? Is that correct?

I should have said s-series idler arm instead of Stock idler arm. The 1-ton idler arm is a different design and should last much longer than the best stock style arm you can get.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

its worth it if you plan on keeping your truck for a while. my daily driver is a fullsize and it was chewing up idlers every 3 months. finally just bought the giant moog one for $110, been about 2 years and just checked it, its completely fine