General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

The parts are rolling in!

Old 06-21-2009, 11:44 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Default The parts are rolling in!

My clear turn signals finally came in the mail on Friday and I couldn't have been happier with how they look.
I tore my bow tie apart, got all of the silver paint (which was chipping) off of the inside of the clear plastic and sprayed the "mounting insert" black. Now if I decide to go back to the stock bow tie I'll just have to stick it on what I've got mounted on the grille.

I'm just waiting on my cold air intake, and I'm going to start ordering blue LED's to do all the dash lights so they'll match my deck. Thinking about painting my bezel either black or a chrome colour.

The AVS logo is coming off the bug deflector. Still not convinced about the de-badge after seeing what happened to SISK

First couple of pictures with stock bowtie, last with the black, all with the new turn signals.
My gf is making fun of me saying she's competing with my Blazer for attention.

Attached Thumbnails The parts are rolling in!-sspx0302.jpg   The parts are rolling in!-sspx0304.jpg   The parts are rolling in!-sspx0307.jpg  

Last edited by oktain; 06-21-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:32 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Thanks! I'm pretty well done with the exterior changes, it's the only blazer like it around here so I'm not too worried.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:04 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Looks awesome man!! Where did you pick up those clear turns? I've been trying to find a decent Canadian parts supplier with some not so outrageous prices, but haven't had much luck. And where did you pick up your LEDs?
Also, in regards to de-badging, just have a good look at yours before you do it if you decide to. Like I said with mine it was a fluke because there was dirt in behind the badge that caused damage to the paint. I wouldn't of had a problem if it wasn't for that. If you see any kind of dirt or damage around the badge I'd stay away from it.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 AM
BF Veteran

I don't know about the badge because whoever owned the Blazer before me used it on alot of camp roads. There's stones wedged in every little seam under the truck so I wouldn't be surprised if some dirt got in behind the badges, mind you I have to get the rockers and front bumper sprayed, may get the inside of the back bumper sprayed while I'm at it also before the cancer starts spreading. So if I do debadge and a chunk came off it wouldn't be the end of the world... Only problem is $$$, that job's going to be enough as it is!

The turn signals come from eBay. If you have an Action Van and Truck World near-by though you can order some there.

The LED's are coming from ebay too... 194 spec inverted blue LEDs for guage cluster, #37 inverted blue LEDs for the HVAC, and a bunch of small blue 12v LEDs from China for all the other lights. I'm thinking of putting a red bow tie in the center of the tach while I'm at it.

Its funny how simple things like turn signals and black bow ties can change the overall appearance of a vehicle.

Last edited by oktain; 06-22-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:39 AM
amazinnblazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks very nice! Extremely clean

Old 06-23-2009, 07:37 AM
BF Veteran

CAI just came in the mail last night. Decided to spend some time with my gf instead of installing it, so I'll be putting it in tonight and hopefully making my heat shield while I'm at it. I'll probably paint the heat shield black and layer the engine-facing side with reflective heat tape.

I know the tape works great because it stops my exhaust can from melting the plastic belly pan on my snowmobile.

Last edited by oktain; 06-23-2009 at 07:39 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran

I've got the CAI installed currently without the heatshield, I fabbed one out of sheet metal I had lying around but quickly realized it was too thick of a guage and too heavy to mount it properly with just two mounting points. So I've decided that using the metal one as a pattern, I'm going to mold some tinted lexan and use that instead. I'll just cover the side of it with some reflective heat tape I have.

Pics coming seeing as this thread is well on it's way to becoming worthless.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:45 PM
BF Veteran

Once again, as in my signature request thread, sorry about the triple post but editing won't bump this to the top... want some opinions.

Here's the pictures I promised about 3 months ago:
Custom heatshield
Ebay Intake (now with K&N filter)

I sealed off the bottom of the intake with some 1/8th inch plastic I had then stuck reflective aluminum tape to the bottom.
The truck runs and starts better then before (that Ebay filter was a POS!) and I noticed a little more grunt in the 1200-2500 range, before with the Ebay filter it'd make lots of noise but the RPMs woudn't climb, now they climb at a faster rate even in comparison with the stock airbox so I'm pleased.
All in all this CAI project maybe cost me 100bucks.

I've also got Blue LED's in my dash that I'll take pictures of tonight and post them tomorrow.

sidenote: pictures didn't turn out bad for cell phone pics lol.

Attached Thumbnails The parts are rolling in!-sspx0308.jpg   The parts are rolling in!-sspx0330.jpg   The parts are rolling in!-sspx0331.jpg   The parts are rolling in!-sspx0335.jpg   The parts are rolling in!-sspx0336.jpg  

Old 08-08-2009, 10:49 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

looks good!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The parts are rolling in!