General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Pics of nerf bars with bodylift

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 07:16 AM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pics of nerf bars with bodylift

I am thinking about buying a set of nerf bars, but I am not sure how they are going to look with the body lift. If anyone has a pic, please post it.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:44 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road
Default shrug

Hope this helps.

Pulled it up on Car Domain. 2dr, 3" lift, its black and has nerfs. As close as I could get to your look. Not the best picture ever but hopefully this gives you a ball park idea.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Flip the angled brackets over if you can. That way it will sit higher.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:26 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha that is funny. This blazer is owned by a girl that worked at the Wendys on my old base. This thing is the epitome of an autozone trip gone bad, and trust me its worse in person. But I do remember the nerf bars looking really low. How would I o about fliping the brakets? Are they just bolted to the nerf bars and not welded?

Old 05-01-2009, 02:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Most are just bolted to the end of the bars. Just loosen a bolt and flip them over.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:00 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

On mine, the rear brackets were taller and if flipped sideways, would cause the bars to stick out to the side further. Granted, they were on a 4 dr and the rear mount is higher up. Not sure what 2dr bars will look like though...

Old 05-01-2009, 04:28 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by willjones
This thing is the epitome of an autozone trip gone bad, and trust me its worse in person.
LMAO. Other than the DOD sticker on the front and the nerf bars, there isn't one good looking mod to that thing. That is funny that you have seen this thing before. Like I said, just trying to find you somehting to lay eyes on. Sorry it had to be hideous.

Old 05-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Beginning Member
will_76 is on a distinguished road

I just drilled a new hole hole right before the top bend and ginded off the bottom that hangs down. Wish i had a pic but haven't put them back since my lift. Just finished painting up my frame this weekdn so maybe soon and I'll get a pic

Old 05-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Administrator

For that matter, you could create new brackets as well. There really is not much to them.

And if they are different heights, you would want to swap front to back and possibly side to side to make them work right. Since the front mounts (on a 4dr at least) are lower, you would want the taller mount on the front and shorter mount on the back when flipped.

The drilling of another hole is another idea. The bar would still be supported on the bottom by the bracket. Just would not handle as much upward force on it.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Beginning Member
will_76 is on a distinguished road

Good point, the front mounts on my Zr2 are the same height so i could drill higher on both brackets. after looking at the 4 door pix that wouldn't work.

Quick Reply: Pics of nerf bars with bodylift