General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

The Red Sled IS DEAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 05:58 AM
Starting Member
Red Sled is on a distinguished road
Default The Red Sled IS DEAD

Yep my good deal EXPIRED this weekend. Spun a bearing. Im looking at replacing the 97 with a 2000 that has 107k miles NO RUST lol

Old 09-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Starting Member

Got the sled home tonite. Will start stripping all
the new parts of it and putting them on the 2000.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:38 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear that it is dead! What led up to the bearing being spun? That usually does not happen without warning signs.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Starting Member

SLIGHT lifter tick.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:19 PM
Starting Member

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Today the Red Sled is on the road again. Got a junk yard motor with 160K miles and I checked a main and rod bearing and NO issues. New upper gasket set and oil pan gasket as well as both sets of oil lines. PURRRRS like a kitten. Just for fun this weekend I had to put a new A/C delco fuel pump in the 2000. Now I have 2 GREAT running SUVs again!!!!! PS ready for SNOW LOL

Old 10-26-2015, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Awesome to hear!

Old 10-27-2015, 11:13 AM
BlkBlazer2000 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Red Sled
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Today the Red Sled is on the road again. Got a junk yard motor with 160K miles and I checked a main and rod bearing and NO issues. New upper gasket set and oil pan gasket as well as both sets of oil lines. PURRRRS like a kitten. Just for fun this weekend I had to put a new A/C delco fuel pump in the 2000. Now I have 2 GREAT running SUVs again!!!!! PS ready for SNOW LOL

I think you may the one of the few who replaces a few pump just for "Fun". But no one likes that sneaky surprise.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:54 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by BlkBlazer2000
I think you may the one of the few who replaces a few pump just for "Fun". But no one likes that sneaky surprise.
I would replace mine for fun, but then again it takes me 2 minutes to gain access to the fuel pump

Old 10-27-2015, 05:57 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by richphotos
I would replace mine for fun, but then again it takes me 2 minutes to gain access to the fuel pump
Did you cut a hole in your floor?????

Old 10-27-2015, 08:26 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Red Sled
Did you cut a hole in your floor?????
Yup, best decision I ever made. And I will be doing it on the next one too.
You cant even tell either.
I am not sure why people are so against the idea. if you take your time and measure multiple times. cut once, get a piano hinge or something along those likes to hinge it up, you can tell where it is.

Quick Reply: The Red Sled IS DEAD