General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Royal Purple

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 02:42 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Royal Purple

Just to throw out there Royal Purple is the best oil out there. I have a 626 with 147000 mile on it and it runs awesome. I am always burning civics lol. I am now using it on my new Blazer. I buy it by the 5 gallons jugs and thinking about the 55. This stuff is like gold. What do you think. All my fluid (diff, tranny, radiator,trans) all royal purple. For all you guys out there that want to keep your truck in tip top condition this is the stuff to do so. Every oil change with K&N oil filter.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Royal Purple

I have heard horrible things about Royal Purple and because of that, I will never use it. It's Mobil 1 or Amsoil for me and mine.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:23 AM
Bojib is an unknown quantity at this point

What horrible things have you heard about royal purple?

Old 11-22-2005, 04:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the stuff that I have heard has been word of mouth from the dirt & asphalt tracks around me. At one point in time I know that they had their API certification revoked, but they have it back now and I can't seem to find any information about the issues that were present.

For the price, Mobil 1 is my motor oil of choice. For gear lube, it's a toss up between Amsoil and Mobil 1. For ATF, its Amsoil all the way.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:25 PM
Bojib is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a friend that uses royal purple in his Mustang, he really never has had anything to say about it. Was just wondering if there was maybe something he should know about.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:45 PM
Administrator

I really can't recall any specifics and if there isn't info to the contrary on the internet, then I suppose it is a good oil. I can't even find truely independent testing that has tested Royal Purple, which worries me a bit... I'd rather have clear cut good/bad info over none at all (except Royal Purple's website).

Old 11-23-2005, 02:21 AM
ivannj is an unknown quantity at this point

My friend told me that one day his radiator blew and he drove his car home and made it safely. He says he owes it all to royal purple. If you talk to alot of racers they will recommend this stuff too.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Administrator

That's just it, I have talked with racers (both dirt track and asphalt modifieds and super stockers) and they all had basically the same thing to say about any Royal Purple lubricant (motor oil & gear lube).

And NO motor oil will allow you to drive any further without a cooling system than any other. PERIOD.