General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Rubber floor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Banned
GolfClapperX is on a distinguished road
Default Rubber floor?

So, I retrofitted a rubber floor for my 2000 4-door made from a roll of 1/4 inch rubber from Tractor Supply Co. It looks good, but it has it's annoyances. I was wondering if anyone knew about this rubber mat I found on LMC. It's for the extended cab S-10 pickup, 94-03. I thought the extended cab S-10 might have the same shaped floor as the 4-door Blazer, back to the back of the rear seat. If this was the case, I would have a pre-molded mat that fit perfectly everywhere except the cargo area where I'd have to figure something else out.

Ok here's what I'm looking at. Product number 29-8725.
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=101

The only pictures there are of the mat for the first gens, and standard cab.

Thanks for the help

Old 06-18-2009, 01:39 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

alot of guys on here have used line x or rhino liner to do the whole floor, if you run a quick search youll be able to bring up plenty of info on the subject. i think the rhino lining or line x route would look alot better and last longer than the rubber floor LMC offers plus itll be cheaper.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Banned
GolfClapperX is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I don't think I want to do something that permanent. But the bigger problem to me is all the wiring and the air ducts that fit under the carpet or mat. It doesn't need to be all original, but I do want everything to work correctly.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:52 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Have you tried using a heat gun to help mold the mat you currently have in there? Might be worth a try.

As far as the LMC mat goes, I would thing it would work to the rear of the front seats, not all the way to the back seats. The rear of the trucks are quite different.