General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

should I buy it??

Old 08-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Beginning Member
buck8907 is on a distinguished road
Default should I buy it??

Found a 98 lt 4dr 4x4 with leather an all, no motor, trans, t-case, an it needs fenders a hood and that upper front frame rail (radiator support?) and it has a clear title. It was offered to me for $100. What do you guys think? Its black and brown 2 tone. I want it to try an fix...

Old 08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

For $100 you really couldn't go wrong.

Even for that price you could just use parts off it when needed. Or part it out and make some profit!

Old 08-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

sounds like a perfect project truck

Old 08-30-2009, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Pick it up... and let me know how much you want for the center console... assuming its column shift

Old 08-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Beginning Member

I'm probably going to pick it up for that cheaqp, can't pass it up, right? But the real fun begins looking for a motor and trans and a t-case.. Also know where a 96 base model jimmy is for $300 no trans... HMMM... i could be ya'll new supplier, since i alreay work at a auto recycler...

Last edited by buck8907; 08-30-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:10 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Def. pick it up. The seats alone cost more then $100

Old 08-31-2009, 09:38 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I'd pick it up. My father would think I were nuts, but that's besides the point.

If you can't find a 4.3 for it, a V8 would slide in quite nicely lol. That's if you want to do that. Needing a hood, if you went the V8 route, you could get the cowl hood to make room for the intake without the stock one collecting dust and being useless.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:11 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If you don't take it I will lol. That is a steal. Even if you just keep it as a parts truck for your Blazer (slightly different styles, but a lot of parts still interchange). And hell, you could even buy it as a project truck and do something crazy like stick a V8 into it lol. So much potential for such little money...BUY IT!!

Old 08-31-2009, 12:58 PM
Beginning Member

Is there a V8 that will slide into the mounts or with little welding? i don't have access to a welder or the funds to have it done. But I've always itched to do that. And if i did a lift would soon follow. Now i wanna run down there and grab it. Problem is i lost my job and so I gotta scrape up the cash..

Old 08-31-2009, 01:19 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

No welding as far as I know, you'll need to buy V8 conversion motor mounts, 4x4 headers, as for rad and fan, I'm not sure if you'll need to upgrade that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: should I buy it??