General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

tcc lockup solenoid

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Neenie217 is on a distinguished road
Default tcc lockup solenoid

I have a 2001 Chevy Trailblazer. I finally took it to a mechanic and had a diagnostic done on it and found the code to be the tcc lockup solenoid. My brother-in-law (a mechanic who lives too far away) told me that this part is located on the outside of the tranny. I have the part, cost me nothing. (I have a cousin that owns part of a big parts store and wouldn't let me reimburse him the $17 for his cost.) So now, I just need to know where the dang thing is located so I can go change it. I am a 50 year young girly girl that loves to get her hands dirty, fake nails and all. Not afraid of a little work and want to do this on my own. I only don't know how to do something until I learn it....so teach me.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The torque converter lockup solenoid is inside the transmission. The transmission oil pan needs to be drained and removed to access the solenoid. Once the pan is off, the solenoid is visible, at the forward edge of the transmission case. Might as well replace the transmission filter as long as you're in there. You'll need a transmission filter & gasket kit from your cousin too, along with about 5 quarts of Dexron/Mercon VI fluid. You'll need a drain pan about the size of a big cookie sheet, only deeper. You're gonna get those hands dirty on this one, maybe all the way up to your arm pits