General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Toyota rescue attempt

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough
Default Toyota rescue attempt

So long story short my friend took his lifted Toyota up a fire service road in about 2 feet of snow by himself and slit off into a ditch and a broken tree pushed his right front tire off the bead. So luckily Someone else was up there to give him a ride back into town.

So that night the Mountains got 2.5 feet of new snow (which we found out when we got to the bottom of the trail) So we took my friends '88 blazer on 31" DuraTracs. I didnt think we would even be able to start driving up the road but just turned on to it and stared plowing snow with his bumper and not losing any traction what so ever (those tires are amazing in the soft stuff) but then about 400 yards up we came across a down tree and couldnt get buy. so we started walking the 3-4 miles up the road to get to his truck, and after taking about 2 hours to walk two miles and the snow Coming up over my knees (im 6'4") we decided to turn around.

So this weekend we are going to try again this time with a chain saw and a lifted and locked jeep on 37's

Here are some pics of the blazer. didnt get one of the tree tho. you can kinda get an idea of how deep the snow is by these.

This is after we started backing down

Here was at the bottom of the road where a plow had come by about 2 hours earlier and cleared out a place for people to park

Again at the bottom

So unfortunately the mountains are supposed to get another 4 feet of snow by this weekend so i just hope we can get his truck out before the end of winter

Old 01-18-2012, 05:19 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Tough luck, I hope you can find it this weekend. He might be screwed.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:25 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Man if id were you id go back tomorrow with 2 trucks at least and a chain saw

HE might not see that truck till spring if you guys wait

Old 01-18-2012, 05:33 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Yeah we are trying for friday, now we have two jeeps that are wanting to try. and a two chainsaws.

and thats what we are worried about, he might not see that truck for a while, but its only at about 3000 feet elv. but i think if we air down those tires on the jeeps they wont have a problem making it up. getting the truck back down might be another story tho

Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Id come help yall but your to far =P

any truck can make it if they have good tires and working 4wds

I went up snow mobile trails with my truck and it was very soft snow
\the groomers did not pass yet

Old 01-18-2012, 06:44 PM

haha yeah just a little far away. But yeah thats true. there is seriously 4+ feet of snow up there now, so you just need big enough tires to sit mostly on top of the soft stuff. theres a lot of steep hills too.

But hopefully Friday will work out. i will be sure to take lots of pictures. And of his most likely buried truck

Old 01-18-2012, 06:46 PM
BF Guru

Sounds like a fun adventure to me

If it were my truck Id be there right now trying to get it out

but thats just me

Old 01-18-2012, 07:17 PM

Yeah same lol. but he dismounted his tire and he doesn't have a 35" spare so re mounting it by himself is not easy.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
...So we took my friends '88 blazer on 31" DuraTracs. I didnt think we would even be able to start driving up the road but just turned on to it and stared plowing snow with his bumper and not losing any traction what so ever (those tires are amazing in the soft stuff)...
Yes. Yes, they are. 80K miles on mine and still had 8/32s left!

You'll get it out! I saw, on the news, where Seatle got hammered with snow! I like Nashville - we get just enough to call it four seasons!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:35 PM

Yeah we sure did get a lot. i got about a foot at my house and now its freezing rain. the roads are a complete nightmare, they where already all white before the freezing rain

Quick Reply: Toyota rescue attempt