General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Toyota rescue attempt

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yea the roads are bad here also

people keep spinning out

when i just pass them with the 4wd on HEHE

Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Resealing a rim is not a tough thing to do when you're out in the boonies.
I reseated a rim on a friends truck tire before at a gas station. All you need is a 12v air compressor & a can of Quik Start (starting fluid) or brake cleaner - anything that's highly volatile.
With the tire & rim on the ground (off the vehicle) spray a 2-3 second burst of Quik Start in & all around the tire making sure it goes inside it. Then as we've probably all done as kids, spray the fluid away from the tire, light it & hit the tire with the flame thrower = BOOM it pops up & seals the rim to the tire seat.

Now lets be smart & not use too much, try a little at 1st, light the flame from UNDER the stream of fluid. Or if you're wiser/more comfortable, light a napkin from Rotten Ronnies that has been sitting on the back floor & toss it on the tire at the rim. Just make sure you do this quickly because the fluid will evaporate fast.

Use your own discretion & YES, I saw this on TV once, but I know it works. It was an arctic expedition & they aired down too much & the tire popped off the bead seat.
<edit> Oh yeah, use the 12v air compressor to inflate the tire after the WHOLY F'S as it pops off the ground & seats the tire to the rim lol

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-18-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:46 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about
Old 01-18-2012, 11:05 PM
BF Veteran

Pfffft facking show off!

That could have saved me 5 mins of typing, correcting, re-thinking etc.

Oooops I should be carefull, some gale force wind may call me down for feeling taller or bigger for saying that.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 PM
BF Guru

I did this many times with big rig tires =P

Old 01-18-2012, 11:23 PM
BF Veteran

LOL it's crazy when I saw it on TV, then a weekend later after a few friends came by for drinks & Kevin crashed on the couch & in the morning his tire was flat & no spare. All hungover & remembering that TV show I said HELL YEAH we can fix that on a Sunday!... rolled the tire down the street, went into the gas station, got a can of Quik Start & went out to the air nozzle. He serioulsy was questioning if I was still drunk! I said it's OK, I saw this on TV last weekend. The look he shot me was like 'are those your last words? Seriously?!'
A guy on a bike cruising by actually stopped & when he saw what I was doing he moved back 20' lmao.
Sure as hell it worked like a charm!

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-18-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:31 PM
BF Guru

yup who needs to go to tire shops =P

Old 01-18-2012, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran

Just for balancing, but wait - Counter Balance Beads AND you can put them in yourself!
Mine have been in for at least 18 months & my tires still have over 1/2" of tread. (they were 'used tires' when I got them)
They'll re-balance when I have dirt or snow on the rims & constantly do so & when I may be in doubt, I kick the tires & hear the beads fall knowing they'll re-balance right away.
Absolutely love them & for $13 a tire, never having to worry about losing a weight off road & they adjust as time goes on - what could be bad?

Old 01-19-2012, 11:18 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

yeah thats what we are going to try, but the kicker is he doesnt know if the tree put a hole in his tire or just pushed it off the bead. but either way we will have to mount a tire because now we have a 35" spare but it happens to be on a 5 bolt rim and his toyota has a 6 bolt.

I am leaving here in about half an hour. so the recovery team consists of three lifted and locked jeeps with winches, and if we dont have it back down by 2 when our other friends get off work we will have 5 broncos coming up after us.

we are gunna get this fricken truck

Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Good luck, I hope you get it out.

Quick Reply: Toyota rescue attempt