General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Traded in the Bravada!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Traded in the Bravada!

Well, I didn't entirely expect this, but I've been tossing around the idea of consolidating my vehicles down into one for quite a while. With a 2 year old son and another child due in 7 weeks, the importance of having the room and the ease of car seat removal/installation became paramount. I found myself driving my Bravada much more simply due to the fact that it was much more 'firefighter friendly' than my Bonneville which was turning into a fair weather driver only. With the sometimes remote locations that we have been called to and the varying weather that we have to deal with, the shelter under the rear liftgate made gearing up much easier than being fully exposed with the trunk of my Bonneville open to gear up! That coupled with the sheer agrivation that is attempting to install a child seat into the Bonneville, made it even less likely to drive. Last year I only put 4,000 miles on my Bonneville which makes it, in my mind, a waste.

Overall I feel good about the deal that I made. I will be picking up a loaded 2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD this afternoon (pics to follow). I know, I know, old man's car... I'm too young to be driving a Buick... LOL Well, the truck only has 23k miles on it and is practically the same thing drivetrain wise as my Bravada. Much more get up and go, and the same creature comforts.

As our site also caters to the GMT360/370 platform vehicles (Trailblazer, Envoy, Rainier, and Bravada), I will not only still have the resourses and knowledge gained from owning, repairing, and operating my S-series Bravada, but I will be gaining more experience and knowledge on the newer vehicles to hopefully help out those with the newer trucks.

So I won't be going anywhere!

Hopefully I'll have some pictures tonight. I've gotta remove the running boards first thing when I get home with it. After that, I'll snap some pictures and get my signature pic updated! LOL Priorities right?

Old 05-30-2007, 09:46 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Traded in the Bravada!

The Buick Ranier is a very good vehicle. My mom considered the Ranier before we bought the Envoy, but on the whole the Envoy XL had much more room and the third seat... hell at the pump though, only 15 mpg..
Doesthe Ranierhave the inline six?

Old 05-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah on the I6. There weren't any V8 Rainier's anywhere within a 3 hr driving distance that had this low of miles.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:05 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool, can't wait to see some pics!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Here are some teaser pics. Not my exact vehicle, but pretty damn close. Right now, mine has some pretty weak looking and very unnecessary running boards on it.

2004 Buick Rainier - Autotrader.com

Old 05-30-2007, 12:05 PM
BobTheBlazer will become famous soon enough

Personally, I like the look of the Bravada better than the Rainer. I do, however, understand what it's like to have to give up a vehicle you love because it just isn't practical anymore. I had to stop driving my Shelby because 2 kids in car seats is a nightmare in a 2-door sports car. I thought it would kill me at first....but I lived.

Congrats on the new ride!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Well, that's the thing. I think I was starting to like my Bravada more than my Bonneville just because of it's versatility. My bonneville was turning into something I never intended for it to turn into. Honestly in the last 6 months, I know I've spent more time washing and waxing it than I have driving it!

Now that may be fine and well for my Chevelle when I get done with it (I have more room in the driveway now!!), but I just can't see myself doing that to a car that is only loosing value.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

I told you that you were too old for a buick!! anyways, lets get started on the Chevelle! Ill make the drive when you are ready!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:40 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh man that is an old man car! Oh well you gotta do what is bestfor the family, so congrats on making the step up to old person luxury! J/K!!Looks like it is gonna be a sweet ride for ya Kyle!

Old 05-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Hey, say what you will, but the truck rides great! The options are a plenty!

The dealership where we bought it wanted 3 grand less for a 2004 Trailblazer LS with no options and 20k miles more!

Quick Reply: Traded in the Bravada!