Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > General > General Chat
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2010, 10:36 AM
1984 Chevrolet Blazer
My Garage

84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road
Default turning air cleaner lid upside down?

I've heard of people turning the air filter lids upside down so it supposedly lets more air into the engine. I could see how it could let more air in but wouldn't it technically be a dumb thing to do because wouldn't it let more dirt and debris into the engine?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Administrator
2012 Ford Mustang

rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Old, old trick from back in the days of carburetors. It really was not of much benefit unless you rejetted the carb to put more fuel in with the (slightly) increased air. There should not be an issue with dirt since the filter would still be sealed around the top and bottom. Been there, done that.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:51 AM
1984 Chevrolet Blazer
My Garage

Oh, I figured it wasn't much of a big deal. But I was kinda curious about it and figured I would ask lol.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:20 PM
BF Veteran
1998 Chevrolet Blazer

wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to wlorton Send a message via Yahoo to wlorton

Did not know this... I read somewhere about someone doing it... but did not know why

1998 4.3x4x4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer View Post
Ban-hammah is ready.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:42 PM
1984 Chevrolet Blazer
My Garage

Since the filter blocks the dirt thought and there is more room to let dirt in wouldn't you just have to replace air filters a lot faster?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Administrator
2012 Ford Mustang

rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Neve gave it any thought. The old style round flters were so cheap that it was not a concern.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:20 AM

ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
ohsosofly

It sounds badass when you flip the lids on round air cleaners. You can hear the engine sucking like you get with a CAI kit.
2007 Silverado LT Z71-Pantom Grey, 5.3L, loaded, CAI, HID projectors, LED exterior, AirAid, tinted 15% over factory, color matched and debadged, 20" Platinum Boulevard wheels, ProComp 2", RollPan, custom duals, RST spoiler
1993 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT-Green/Grey, 4.3 Vortec (W), 4x4, loaded, LT265/70R17 (33"), jacked 3+3, ALPINE and JL system 880watts, K&N, 6000k HID, complete LED upgrade, lots of new stuff. Slowly modding and restoring - got a build thread going
Old 05-23-2010, 02:26 AM
BF Veteran
1995 Chevrolet Blazer
My Garage

DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough
Tony Smith DANZIGSHUMAN TONYSMITH.SUN

Wow that is some old school talking there.Half the kids on the forum are probably like,what is a round air filter and what is a carburator.Now lets not start talking points and condensers,someone is likely to have a heart attack. LOL
Old 05-23-2010, 11:35 AM
1984 Chevrolet Blazer
My Garage

Lol if that was the case that would be pretty sad, I'm only 17 and I know what all of that is lol.
But after discussing it I think I'm a try it out just to see what it sounds like.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:35 AM

Tags
1994, air, blazer, chevy, chrome, cleaner, cover, filter, flipping, gm, lid, s10, top, turning, upside