General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

under hood fuse box/block? malfunctioning blower motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:21 PM
RoxStar33 is on a distinguished road
Cool under hood fuse box/block? malfunctioning blower motor

im generally pretty mechanically inclined.. cant seem to locate the fuses that are under the hood.. correct me if im wrong but i was told that there were fuses under the hood in addition to the ones on the side of the dash when you open the driver door.

my problem is that my blower motor doesnt work often. like it has a mind of its own. trying to figure out a different way (if possible) to get to it to replace it or check what i have to without cutting the fire wall. but figured i would check fuses first. all that have to do with heat/ac in the truck are good. cant seem to locate that fuse box under the hood (if there is one of course)..

also, for the last 4 ish years i havent been able to keep the engine light off for more than about 6 weeks. always the same code. oxygen sensor. bank 1 sensor 2. replaced sensor with brand new sensor. found out that the threads in the exaust pipe were stripped so i replaced that piece of pipe which happened to be attached to the cat. all brand new. light is still on with same code. thinking i may have messed up the threads on the sensor itsself trying to rig it before putting $200 out for the new part. ended up buying all new but keeping the same sensor. hoping for other suggestions besides buying a new sensor and having wasted $55 on a sensor that is only malfunctioning because of the threads.

open to any suggestions on both the blower motor malfunction and the sensor malfunction.

(just a reminder, be easy, im a 26 yr old female w/ general mechanical knowledge but very interested in learning more )

hope someone can help me asap! thanks!!!

Old 10-08-2012, 04:16 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

The blower motor is located on the firewall on the drivers side, real easy to get to, and get off. It could just be the ground for the blower motor, Locate the blower motor, and there will be a ground wire coming off of it that connects to the firewall, take it off from the firewall, clean the connection, put some dialect grease and put it back on.
Could be your problem.

As for the under hood fuse box, what year and model blazer?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

My dads blazer,which is a 92 model had this same issue. ended up being the black connector that plugs into the blower had burnted up on the inside and caused a loose connection.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 PM
RoxStar33 is on a distinguished road

thanks.. hope this helps! It is a 1996 S10 Blazer