General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Upgrades(help deciding/understanding)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:22 PM
jackson1717 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Upgrades(help deciding/understanding)

I just got my first car recently, happy to say its a 2000 SR2 blazer. I love the car, overall its the sharpest looking blazer ( besides the ones ive seen here now lol) ive seen around where i live. I want to get some upgrades on it though. Some things im looking into is:

1)Subwoofers (although, i have not decided weather to get subwoofers, or upgraded speakers) Input on this would be helpful
2) Interior neon/led (cheap and easy way to make the inside of a car look unique)
3) brush guard kit (don't really know to much on these so any input would help)

Im wondering what i should do first, wheres a good spot to buy, good systems to get, anything i need to know about making my new car even nice. The neow/led i can do pretty much anytime since they are cheap. As for the subwoofers/speakers, thats where i want the most advice.

I have to re-wash/wax the car and put the spare back and then ill get a picture up but ill give you some of my specs now to help you try and 'imagine' the car lol.

SR2 tan with black trim
33' off road tires (forgot what brand)
winch/trailer hitch kit

Think thats it, everything else is what you expect from a normal SR2 ( i think anyway lol)

Any advice/input on what i should do is welcome, afterall it seems everyone here is very high on their blazers and they make them look nice.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Default RE: Upgrades(help deciding/understanding)

no answers

Old 10-04-2008, 09:59 AM
myol blue4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum, I think the blazer youhave is the zr2 blazer. As for the audio question, their is a section devoted to audio/interior so just look around in previous posts. If you dont want to go that route then create new posts for the questions you have.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Starting Member
Kage0113 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I like crutchfield for any audio stuff. The have well priced things and darn near everything you need. When you enter the site you can enter your vehicle information and it'll show you all the stuff they have for it, and for an aftermarket stereo if you have one. So for anything audio, I'd go to crutchfield.com I'm pretty sure they have neon lighting and accessories, but more audio. If you're deciding between speakers and subwoofers, what kind of speakers are already in there? I think your year Blazer has the Bose system, but I'm not sure because mine came out before Bose signed with GM. IMO, I would get speakers that have good high tones, because if you get speakers that are all bass, and ssubwoofers, it wouldn't sound all that good. But thats just my opinion. What brand you want also depends on how much you're willing to pay. So give us a price range and we might be able to give you more info. Hope this helps

Old 10-04-2008, 05:22 PM

Well i decided to just upgrade the speakers themselfs, and no mine didn't come with the bose system unfortunitly. I'm going to use the other money to get wind deflectors, brush guard kit and maybe some head/tail lights. The car is going to be a 'project' type thing and im guessing probably by the end of Christmas ill have everything i want done to it. Any input on good cheap brush kits? Im not going to be going crazy off roading i just want it on for the look.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Starting Member

You could go to jcwhitney.com they have brush guards but they drill into the bumper and don't attach to the frame. They are a lot cheaper than any other I've found and I bought one and i think it looks good. Or you can try ebay, they have good ones too, but none fit my car.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Kage0113

You could go to jcwhitney.com they have brush guards but they drill into the bumper and don't attach to the frame. They are a lot cheaper than any other I've found and I bought one and i think it looks good. Or you can try ebay, they have good ones too, but none fit my car.
Is it hard to drill them into the bumper?

Old 10-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Starting Member

Not at all, as long as you have a good drill and sharp bits. The metal in the bumper is thin, just make sure you don't hit your turn signals or any air bag sensors. But I had no problem with it

Old 10-10-2008, 07:06 PM
blazerboy124 is an unknown quantity at this point

personally i like KICKER and PIONEER as far as audio. if i was you i would forget about the interior mods for now, i'd go with the brush guard ect. first.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:10 PM
blueblAZer99 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did the door speakers. I went with Pioneer 2 way 6 1/2"s. I like the way it sounds much better than the stockers.