General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 09:45 PM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Brian - that cable in the pic is VERY important - that is the TV cable for your transmission. If that's not hooked to the carb, you'll cook that tranny in about 5 miles or so - all the clutches will burn up!

That big button on the side is how you adjust it. You hold that button in, peg the throttle, then release the button. Done. BUT - you need to make sure you have the correct geometry for the cable pull. They make kits that bolt on your carburetor, depending on the brand, to get the correct geometry. If you have an Edelbrock, it's got too much pull. You need 1.48" (1-31/64") cable pull from idle position to full throttle.

Here's the one I got for my Edelbrock: EDELBROCK TV cable corrector, Sonnax transmission parts

Oh yeah I forgot you put that 3.1 in there - that explains the fuel pump! I swear I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached ...

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 04-15-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 03:31 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Got nothing done, but the shop did. Had to bring it in to get the input shaft seal on the t-case replaced. fluid was just shooting past it and it started coming out of the t-case vent on the firewall.
I did not want to do it in the driveway so we brought it in. When I rode past the shop I saw it was up on the lift. I got done today but they close at noon so we cant get it until Monday. Was nice to see them working on it after the shop closes though.

And once this is fixed, I am going to put in a new vac switch and the 4wd will be working again.

I could have the shop do the vac switch but I need to redeem myself from bringing it in the shop.

*edit*

Got the truck back, dude was nice enough to work on it after they closed to get it done because he knew it was our only vehicle. He has worked on it before, good to find a nice reliable mechanic when you dont feel like doing things.

Last edited by richphotos; 04-18-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 04:29 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Big three baby!

Old 04-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Starting Member
hoebob69 is on a distinguished road

Hopefully getting the fuel pressure regulator swapped out if I can find a gasket for it. Also going to change out the cable to the blend door from the ac/heater control,not sure why but I've put like 3-4 in since I've got it. Also going to scrub the arm rest for the driver door I just got and repaint it before I install it. And just for good measure tomorrow I'll be replacing the fuel pump on my s10.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Starting Member
jkyle187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nerf bars

Went to the boneyard again and found a set of Smittybilt nerf bars for $49...see pic

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20150418_134431.jpg  
Old 04-19-2015, 09:50 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Add A Leafs! Pics on my build thread soon

Old 04-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Boring, but over the past week I replaced the two front O2 sensors, did the front brakes, and got it through NYS inspection. NY will no longer let you renew your registration if the inspection has lapsed. Found this out when I went online to renew... so I was driving for a couple of weeks with both registration and inspection expired. All is good now... oh, and I found a couple of nice used tires on Craigslist. The seller works in a shop, so I got both tires plus mounting and balancing for $50.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Well,blazer is on the rag.

Last 2 weeks :
Short in harness,killed alternator curcuit and gauges,found it above bellhousing,o2 sensor wire cut at a spot where i had to pull dizzy.

Broke the knock sensor connector on back of head when i fixed the wiring,its barely hanging,but no codes for now,can barely reach it,fun for later.

Oil sending unit died

Front wheel bearing let go on passenger side. did both sides.

Rear driver axle bearing went out,did both sides.

Did tranny mount

Spider went out,replaced it.

Now,thermostat is leaking and my fuel pump is reading 54 psi at key on,and causing a lean mix at wot.

Man,its been a ride. All i have left is engine mounts and pump,and blazers new. lol

Old 04-25-2015, 06:38 PM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road

Last 2 weeks Ordered 2 new front hubs. 4 slotted and cross drilled rotors 8 premium ceramic pads. And thought why not get braided lines for added stiff braking right? well trying to find them is a &%#@ and a half But ya so far i have ..new rootbeer/copper paint 4 new M/S tires 265 75 15 Walnut burl wood grain door trim that i hand shaped myself ( eat your heart out rolls royce) duel cams that run 24hrs front and back, auto start/alarm upgraded sound system with amp and 12" sub

Old 04-25-2015, 08:12 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

Water pump yesterday. It was a piece of cake , only 17 bolts and screws. Was a lot easyer with a lowered Blazer. It came right out in about 20 min.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?