General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 06:39 AM
truc.karl is on a distinguished road

My new AR893 Mainline rims are on their way. I decided to get them since the guy from American Racing Wheels|4WO gave me a good price. I chose the glossy black and not the chrome finish. Will try to upload pics once they are installed on my rig.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:34 AM
Beginning Member
razorguy is on a distinguished road

Finally have a hitch and got it installed a few days ago. All my friends were at work so I did it myself which wasn't the easiest task but it worked out. I mainly just put it on to drag my buddy out of the mud in his Jeep!

Old 05-19-2015, 07:19 PM
Starting Member
gonzoKemp is on a distinguished road
Default Towing concerns.

Installed a towing kit with
2" ball on my 2002 blazer 2 door manual 2 wheel drive. Has 75k miles. I want to know how far ya'll have pushed the limits. I have. Can't be exact but I towed a 9×5 enclosed trailer full to the brim of furniture and personal affects.Took me a few minutes to reach 70mph. I know I was over weight. How can I up the performance with half the weight in a mountainous area?

Old 05-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Aussie_with_a_99blazer_lt is on a distinguished road

G"Day Mate, i love the look of your bull bar, i have a 99 4x4 Lt and would love to put the same on mine, are you able to tell me the make and model of the front bull bar you have so i can get one shipped to me here downunder, thanks

Old 05-21-2015, 10:48 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Aussie_with_a_99blazer_lt
G"Day Mate, i love the look of your bull bar, i have a 99 4x4 Lt and would love to put the same on mine, are you able to tell me the make and model of the front bull bar you have so i can get one shipped to me here downunder, thanks
Would be helpful if you quoted the post you are talking about

Old 05-24-2015, 11:13 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

I haven't been on this forum since last August. Thought I'd drop by for a sec. I do miss my blazer, just not the problems associated with them. On my way home from D.C. on Friday, saw a fellow blazer broke down. It had smoke coming from the hood. It was definitely overheating like mine used to. Even with this issue, I still miss the blaze. Gone but not forgotten. Just wanted to drop in and say hi to the guys that knew me on here. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm on the TDI forums these days. Have a Jetta TDI now. May eventually own another blazer, but I would be looking at K5's instead of 2nd gens.

Old 05-25-2015, 05:19 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel Leak

A while back I asked for some advise on my issue with the pig leaking gas down the frame rail about 1/2 way back. Based on the replies and a quick visual inspection by the guy who fixes it we determined that the fuel pump needed to be replaced. I bought an after market pump and sat on it for a couple of weeks, while my mechanic was on holidays. Last Wednesday evening we finally got a closer look. Turns out it was not the fuel pump at all but 2 of the 3 lines from the tank were leaking. Replaced all 3 without having to drop the tank..

bonus..

I was able to return the pump and the locking ring for full a full refund and the truck is now running just fine

Whole job took about 90 minutes

Over the weekend I washed it and cleaned the interior

Regards

Old 05-25-2015, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by donald_archer
A while back I asked for some advise on my issue with the pig leaking gas down the frame rail about 1/2 way back. Based on the replies and a quick visual inspection by the guy who fixes it we determined that the fuel pump needed to be replaced. I bought an after market pump and sat on it for a couple of weeks, while my mechanic was on holidays. Last Wednesday evening we finally got a closer look. Turns out it was not the fuel pump at all but 2 of the 3 lines from the tank were leaking. Replaced all 3 without having to drop the tank..

bonus..

I was able to return the pump and the locking ring for full a full refund and the truck is now running just fine

Whole job took about 90 minutes

Over the weekend I washed it and cleaned the interior

Regards
Glad you got it fixed... here is a helpful tip if you ever have to do your pump.. dont go aftermarket.

Get Delphi or Delco ONLY
These things eat aftermarket pumps like candy.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:18 PM
Starting Member
jkyle187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new speakers

I installed theses speakers over the weekend. Scosche 6.5" HD Series 3-Way Car Speaker in the front doors and Kenwood KFC-1665S 6.5-inch Two-way Speakers in the rear doors. A big difference...still have stock radio...the dash speakers are next, any suggestions out there?

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-scosche-6-5-hd-series-3-way-car-speaker.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-kenwood-kfc-1665s-6_5-inch-two-way-speakers-510x510.jpg  
Old 05-29-2015, 04:07 PM
Starting Member
Bagherra is on a distinguished road

I replaced the brake pads when I bought my 2001 4x4x4 last year. But went with cheapest at AutoZone and got the organic pads. They are noisy as hell..
Bought Duralast ceramic pads yesterday, planning to do them this weekend.

Any special bedding procedures for ceramic pads?

Also looking ay maybe doing sparkplugs and wires....gotta get more beer....

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?