General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:10 AM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

rhino lined front vallance and frame and fender wells

Old 09-30-2009, 05:48 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut
I put in an overhead console last week. Now I can get lost and tell what temperature it is!!!

Today I'm installing a Sirius satellite in the blazer. It's one of the kind that interfaces with my Kenwood HU so its gonna be nice.

And vacuum and detail it a bit.
I got the beast vacuumed, now it looks much nicer.

I also got the Sirius installed, all I have left to do is finish mounting the unit in the rear cargo area and get some double sided tape to mount the antenna in the back.

But it sounds great and I didnt have to stick anything on the dash.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by hotrod413
ended up pulling the blazer back into the garage....pulled this off:

and called a glass shop to install this:

Looks like Hotrod's gonna have a new Blazer by the time he's done. Keep up the good work, it's looking good.

I had one just like that a few years ago. It was a great vehicle. It had almost 300,000 on it when the trans died.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:43 AM
Starting Member
hotrod413 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 96Blazernut
Looks like Hotrod's gonna have a new Blazer by the time he's done. Keep up the good work, it's looking good.

I had one just like that a few years ago. It was a great vehicle. It had almost 300,000 on it when the trans died.

thanks for the kind words. I have to put a new engine in her, but I can't do that until 2 weeks from now, so Im replacing everything else, so when the engine goes in, all I have to do is drive the damn thing lol. Ive had it for a week, and I think ive driven it maybe 2 miles lol

Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 PM

I finished the install on the Sirius remote unit this morning and this is the unit mounted. I thought it looked decent there. It's out of the way and has room to breathe as it has a small fan on the top of it.

The white tape on top is to keep the little plastic cap from coming off.

Kenwood KDC-MP225 Head Unit. Not the prettiest radio out there but it gets the job done.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:24 PM
young murph is on a distinguished road

it rained and i found my front passenger carpet all wet, so i tore it up but couldn't find any leaks.. its extremely clean under the carpet no rust at all so it hasn't been leaking for long.. as i was cleaning the carpet i decided to do the rest of the interior. vacuumed and got carpet cleaner and got some stains out.. next step is to find the hole

Old 09-30-2009, 05:34 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Got my stickers on, blazerforum.com ones

Old 09-30-2009, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Just got back from the garage. Put in my new front wheel hub (no more wailing!! woot lol). Also put on my CAI.

Old 09-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

gotta put brake pads on mine tonight ... they kinda started t ogrind ... I guess i shoulda done them sooner lol

Old 10-01-2009, 07:14 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

well yesterday i started with sanding down the trim panels long my rear windows and got them in their first cot of primer today im intending on filling the rough spots and sanding it again and priming it then at some point gonna paint them to match the truck

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?