General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 11:04 AM
CaRParts102 is on a distinguished road
Default Blaze

well, I test fitted the driver flare on the new fender and put the fender on the Blazer... fixed the light wire harness in the front and found the lights to be in good working order... now on to the bumper/valance and work on the rear driver bumper extension...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-17238598_10210609010194308_1617267677_n.jpg  
Old 03-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Beginning Member
Scooter M'Gee is on a distinguished road

To each his own.

Old 03-14-2017, 01:42 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road
Default Door pins

Originally Posted by Scooter M'Gee
To each his own.
got the drivers side done last weekend. No more wind noise! Also bought some lift supports for the back glass, some door speakers, and a nice looking head unit with cd player from the local pull a part for a grand total of $56. What a score!!

Old 03-14-2017, 06:55 PM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road
Default Bumper restoration

I am restoring the rusting out rear bumper or at least that is what I am trying to do. We here in Canada had a very warm February and I got a good start in stripping the bumper down to bare metal..then you guessed it it turned colder and the weather turned lousy in March with snow yet. I have to do all of my work outdoors(no garage) so I am quite pissed off about the whole weather thing. I am going to patch the rusted out parts as best I can and see how it goes from there. I know that there will be a bunch of Bondo and or fiberglass involved. If you read my last post over in the Bodywork/Exterior section removing the old bumper and starting over with a replacement is not an option. So hopefully the weather will turn better so I can do some more work on it before it rusts out all together.

Wish me luck

Old 03-14-2017, 09:30 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Ordered $500 worth of cat/exhaust for the Colorado from Rockauto today. Keeps throwing cat codes even after a new O2 sensor. Not looking forward to replacing everything from the manifolds to the muffler.

Old 03-18-2017, 04:54 AM
Starting Member
donald_archer is on a distinguished road

Have about 70% of the rear bumper down to bare metal. Worked on it for a couple of hours on it yesterday. Since it sits outside I have fashioned a makeshift cover/tarp for it.

Looks OK but i need the weather to warm up here to do the bodywork.

Regards

Old 03-18-2017, 08:57 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

finally put my Rockford Fosgate P3 12's in the 'ol girl... they've been collecting dust in the garage for almost a year now, finally found an amp at work (salvage yard find) that'll at least push them. A little Pioneer Champion Series that puts out a surprising (for it's size) 800 watts RMS @ 1 ohm, and so far is making these 12's SLAM, even though they're capable of handling another 200 watts a piece... Only wish the box was tuned about 10 hz lower...

Name:  20170317_200400.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  4.67 MB

Old 03-19-2017, 07:31 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Replaced the rag joint in my steering shaft. Can actually keep the truck straight on a road now so that's nice :P

I would like to find the correct Jeep shaft with the U-joint and ditch the rag joint all together...

Old 03-20-2017, 12:47 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road

Got out there last week to look at my son's Blazer again since he said it was running like crap and a couple of guys had told him it sounded like it was out of time. (Just recently had it in a shop to be timed and it was running much better.) Sure enough, they were right. I replaced some vacuum lines that had been put on which 'fit' but should have been one size smaller to fit snuggly/correctly. Then I pulled the air breather and pushed against the vacuum advance and found it was just loose enough to turn. I took it back and had them re-time it and tighten it down.

That had it running better and took out most of the vibration we had but it still had a rough feel to it and felt like it was missing. I told my son to go out last night and start it up after dark to see if it was arcing out anywhere. Sure enough, it was arcing out all over the place around the distributor cap. We'll be putting on a new set of plug wires tonight and a new ignition tumbler while we're at it.

Old 03-31-2017, 06:28 PM
Starting Member
Brian K. Balzer is on a distinguished road

In my search to figure out why the horn didn't work on my son's 85 S10 Blazer I discovered that pretty much everything inside the horn in regards to the switch is missing. I can't remember what all is supposed to be inside a steering wheel for the horn. I think on my T-birds the actual button is in the removable center and the wiring just clips into the ring of the wheel or something. Does anyone happen to have a hoard with the horn switch/wiring that I need they would want to sell? If not how would I go about rigging a button in there? I know I could wiring a horn button in on the side of the column or dash but I'd really rather my son be able to hit the center of the wheel as it was designed to me. Sorry if this is unclear as I'm trying to get gone.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?