General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

What headlight bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default What headlight bulbs

I bought the cheap projectors of ebay and they are not very bright. What bulbs do you guys recommned. They are still the factory bulbs not HID. I thought about getting a HID kit but its a little pricey.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:36 PM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What headlight bulbs

I bought Silverstar Ultra's. I love them they are in the factory housing but the light is so much whiter and brighter than regular halogens.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

The silver star ultras are what i put in my ebay projectors and they are great. Make sure the headlights are properly aligned as well.

Old 10-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Starting Member
Kage0113 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got SS ultra's too. They are great when It's pitch black. But they will suck in snow so i'm getting a set of fog lights. The white will blind you.And I don't know about you, but my DRL's are also my high beams, so if you get a set for your high's they will not last long but have been great as lows.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I never was too impressed with the original silver star bulbs that I had in my old 94 Intrepid. In my experience, the bulb life sucked. I just put in a new set of SS ultras in my lows on my Rainier. So far, I have mixed feelings over whether or not I like them. While they are noticeably whiter, I do not think they are any brighter than my original bulbs. Given the much better lamp reflector design, I was not expecting a lot, but I am really thinking about going back to the originals and selling these.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:26 PM

well if you want to sell em ill buy em from ya

Old 11-03-2008, 08:24 PM

i just bought the ss ultras and am not impressed. They dont seem much brighter than the stocks. Definitely not worth $50. i will be returning them tomorrow. Is there an hid kit out there that will work with my projectors?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:34 PM
Beginning Member
001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I got some projector head lights too. You know what happeni took them off, I got some HID kit they are much brighter with HID you will defenitly notice the difference, I realy recomend the HID kit if you what a good brightness. You know whats the only good thing about projectors specially if you have the ones with blue lence, they look f***ing clean with the HID kit. BMW'sthats not even compered to how they look.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:37 PM

were did you get it

Old 11-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Beginning Member
001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I got them from my friend, 140 bucks for the kit. I still have them on my xtreme they look real nice.

Quick Reply: What headlight bulbs