General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

wheres the vin numbers on a s10

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 11:28 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough
Default wheres the vin numbers on a s10

just picked up a 85 pos work truck. the vin plate in the windshield is rusted away. the sticker in the door has everything on it but the vin. couldnt find anything under the hood. is there anywhere else on this truck theres a vin incase i get pulled over and get crap from a cop

Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

I don't know if this helps, but my uncle is a cop and he said in most vehicles the vin can be located under the hood, varies from vehicle to vehicle. That's how they often times i.d. a stolen vehicle.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:03 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Did you not get a registration with the truck? Not sure how it works down in the US, but up here the VIN is on our registration sheet.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:24 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Yea I got the title and haven't regesterd it yet. But there has to be somethin on the truck where the cop or emissions place can find the vin. I looked all over under the hood

Old 09-23-2009, 08:43 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

did you check here?

I believe its printed on the sticker and on both fenders

Old 09-23-2009, 08:47 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Check these locations:

Firewall of the vehicle
Radiator Support Bracket
Dash by windshield
Left hand inner wheel arch
Steering column
Guarantee & Maintenance Book
Machined Pad on front of engine
Drivers door or post on passenger side
Component parts as listed above -e.g.- engine, frame, etc.

Later model years most common locations of the VIN:
Left instrumentation panel
Dash plate by window
Drivers door or post
Firewall

Old 09-24-2009, 11:53 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
did you check here?

I believe its printed on the sticker and on both fenders
no stickers on the 1st gen trucks. i don't think the VIN is on the block either. maybe you should just go to the police and see what they think, before going through the hassle of doing the transfer, and then have them saying, "sorry son, we don't beleive you". or just buy a s**tbox that the body is totally gone on, and put that VIN in the truck-it's not like it's been stolen.