General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Will Halo Headlights pass MD inspection?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 07:14 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will Halo Headlights pass MD inspection?

I need to get my car re-inspected by the end of the month. I currently have halo headlights on my blazer, as most of you all probably know. If you click this linkthen you can see the ones I have. Now the question is are they legal and will they pass MD inspection?

Last time I didn't pass because I had clear corner lenses on and they did not have a reflective side. My current corner lenses don't have reflective sides, so I'll switch them out to stock ones before I get it inspected. I would switch my headlights out to stock ones but my stock headlights are broken.

Thanks for the help.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:00 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Will Halo Headlights pass MD inspection?

As long as they've got a DOT stamp somewhere on them, they should pass inspection... Unless they be lilly-livered light lubbers.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:41 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Will Halo Headlights pass MD inspection?

I don't know about MD but in NCall halo projectorswill pass.Your signal bulbs will not though.Ifyou have a signal bulb in any color but Red, amber, or blue, it will not pass, but that is NC.

Also about the reflectors, when I had mine inspected in November, I had to put on little amber reflectors next to the signals to pass. NC state law requires you have an amber reflector on each side of the front and red on each side of the rear.