General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Your Most Hated Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:27 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AJBert
None for me. All my mods were thought out before hand and I have no regrets with a single one of them.
I can agree with that too. Projectors were only aftermarket option at the time, and I could have done more research and opted for shackles over AAL's too, but aside from that I take forever to research before I buy.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 PM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

Ok i have grown to kinda dislike my exhaust so i might quite it down a little

Old 07-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Beginning Member
racer1044 is on a distinguished road

I work at advance auto parts and got a good deal on the dynomax cat back. I like the kit itself but its a little to quite for my liking. Other than that every thing i put on the truck I like so far.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:47 PM
dharvey4651 is on a distinguished road

If I had to pick a few things is say that TPMS is probably my biggest regret. Worked great for about 3 weeks then one of the sensors just quit. $145 right in the trash.

Second choice would be hiring someone to install my remote start/security system. Paid him $150 to install the system because he claimed to be certified in that field and ended up paying BestBuy $65 to finish the job. All to turn around and spend another 5-6 hours wiring up my own hood switch off the Underhood light with a relay and rewiring my door locks since neither the guy I hired or BestBuy could figure out how to get master switch, factory fob and aftermarket fob all working together. Had I just installed the whole system myself it would've taken more time but would've probably worked right the first time.

Halo projectors are on the list too. Bought a set that came with HIDs. HIDs didn't work out of the box and within a month, one of the headlamp lenses literally melted a hole right through. Yet another big waste of money.

Lastly I would sy buying LEDs for my instrument panel was a mistake. I bought bulbs and sockets. The bulbs were polarity sensitive and the sockets didn't fit my cluster correctly. Fried 2 of the bulbs trying to get em working and finally gave up and put the stock ones back in.

There's my most hated projects.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:51 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Stereo shop butchered my doors long time ago, I tried a throttle body spacer and hated the results. Buying generic or cheaper parts and than replacing them with factory parts. i.e. Outside Mirrorrs (The Chrome Plating was not equal to OEM), Blower Motor was noisy (replaced with OEM and motor is quite) Next up is replacing my fuel sending unit with an AC Delco version. The off brand fluctuates to much for my liking.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

None for me, however, I hate when I see people with the LED light strips along the bottom of the tail gate, and they get a cheap brand, and mount them horribly and its all wavy, and burnt out in multiple places.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by richphotos
None for me, however, I hate when I see people with the LED light strips along the bottom of the tail gate, and they get a cheap brand, and mount them horribly and its all wavy, and burnt out in multiple places.
if you didnt live in MN i would thought that you saw mine. lol. i told the old lady that i wanted one and she only paid 50 bucks for it! great deal right? theres only an LED about every 3/4 inch. it even has the amber turn signal in it, which works most of the time, but when you have the running lights on it doesnt work at all when your foot is on the brake. i cant wait to replace it!!!!!

Old 02-14-2013, 02:05 AM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

Led interior lights, burning out, nit brite enough to see, ugly blue light color... Horrible

Old 02-14-2013, 07:54 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Twip
if you didnt live in MN i would thought that you saw mine. lol. i told the old lady that i wanted one and she only paid 50 bucks for it! great deal right? theres only an LED about every 3/4 inch. it even has the amber turn signal in it, which works most of the time, but when you have the running lights on it doesnt work at all when your foot is on the brake. i cant wait to replace it!!!!!
There is this guy with an f-150 out here that has the whole 9 yards, spoiler on the tauna cover. LED strip along the tail gate with only about half working, stock tail lights, corvette tail lights in the roll pan (yes, corvette lights on the ford) these terrible ebay HALO projector lights, they even have an L shaped strip of LED's for day time running lights, Just about every piece of chrome you could possibly find at auto zone. It really looks like this guy gave money to hellen keller and let her just click away on autozones website accessories section.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

I can't really say I hate any of my mods! I disliked my original lights I had on the roof rack but I put them on with the knowledge that it was only temporary and that I would be changing them.

PS: Thanks for the new quote Rich I laughed my a** off when I read your post!!

Quick Reply: Your Most Hated Mods