Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2006, 10:00 PM

jerry300zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 99 chevy blazer fan clutch

my girlfriends 99 chevy blazer just had a new fan belt put on and now the fan is real loud and constantlty spinning, i try to spin it with my hand when the engine is off and it is reall hard to turn.

could they have over torqued the fan clutch bolts or is the fan clutch just bad?

jerry
Old 07-03-2006, 10:08 PM
BF Veteran

Chevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: 99 chevy blazer fan clutch

Quote:
ORIGINAL: jerry300zx

my girlfriends 99 chevy blazer just had a new fan belt put on and now the fan is real loud and constantlty spinning, i try to spin it with my hand when the engine is off and it is reall hard to turn.

could they have over torqued the fan clutch bolts or is the fan clutch just bad?

jerry
If you try to spin it when the engine is hot, it will be hard to turn. It should spin more easily when it's cold. The idea is that when the engine is hot, it's drawing more air through the radiator to cool and drawing less cooling air during engine warm-up.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2910/1D40D61A365F412D85375209CF9676BF.jpg[/IMG]

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time

The '74 Blazer convertible, new exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/user/hdharley.../9/BZySHHznFTs
Old 07-04-2006, 05:46 AM

20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 99 chevy blazer fan clutch

Quote:
ORIGINAL: jerry300zx

jerry
Since the Blazer is a 1999 it uses a serpentine belt system, they would not have touched the clutch fan unless there were some obviously loose bolts. There is a spring loaded tensioner that keeps the belt tight and is loosened when the belt needs replacing. If the clutch fan is hard to turn when cold then consider replacing it if not then the noise is normal. And the only way to get rid of it is to convert to electric fan(s).

2000 Blazer LS 4dr 4.3L Auto
1999 Grand Am 3.4L 4dr SE2 - Traded
2000 Honda Odyssey 3.5L 5dr Mini-Van
Old 07-04-2006, 05:46 AM

Tags
1999, 96, 99, bad, blazer, bolts, changing, chevy, cluch, clutch, de, el, fan, la, removal