General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Accurate Keyless Entry Programming instructions for 93 Blazer, among other things.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:42 PM
93LT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Accurate Keyless Entry Programming instructions for 93 Blazer, among other things.

Kind of long but I’m posting it anyway (programming instructions at bottom of post).

My 1993 Blazer LT was a one owner prior to me buying, and the previous owner was a smoker (no offense, just not my cup of tea). The headliner was dingy right where the smoke would blow out of the window and even though the interior looked clean, it had a scummy feel to it. Recently the headliner material started to turn loose in couple places prompting me to proceed to gut the interior and have the headliner, all 4 sun visors, and the overhead console re-lined. When I removed the overhead console I was amazed at the color difference from that which was exposed directly to the smoke and that which was hidden from it. This prompted me to gut the seats and door panels and the remainder of the interior panels that were not removed due to removal of the headliner.

One of the items that I had removed was the center console, on the floor (held on with 4 screws, 2 in the compartment and 2 under the pitiful excuse for a cup holder). When I removed it I found a black back plugged in, with a TRW label and a GM part number. I called my usual GM dealer and they crossed the number to a newer good number and verified it was in fact a factory keyless entry module. This vehicle never came equipped with keyless entry. I processed the RPO codes, I have the original window sticker, and when I originally bought the vehicle I called my usual GM dealer with the VIN number to inquire if it came with keyless entry, they confirmed it did not.

I was delighted to find this module installed so when it was verified that it in fact was a keyless entry module, and my GM dealer confirmed they had the correct Key Fob for the vehicle, I ordered one to try it out. I figured I wouldn’t open up the Key Fob package until I verified I could get the vehicle keyless entry system in to programming mode.

This is where I had fun, searching the web and this Blazer forum along with another I frequent for instructions on programming the remote. The GM dealer had also included hand written instructions as to how to program. The directions for program that I found on both Blazer web sites match that of the info the GM dealer had provided, and neither would work. I actually found someone with a plea for help in programming his 1993 Blazer Key Fobs, and after acknowledging he had searched the web and forum with no joy, he was asking for help. He received help alright, after being courteously chastised for not doing a proper search of the forum (one suggestion was to try words you wouldn’t think would work, DUH! If the person doesn’t think about those words, how is he going to try them?), he was provided with a link the usual programming sequence that is sufficient for later model vehicle but worthless for the first generation body styles.

Since the posted information was inaccurate for the first generation Blazers along with the dealership provided info, here is the correct keyless entry (key words; Key Fob; reprogram) programming sequence for 1993, 93, and possibly other first generation S and T 10 bodies:

Locate the Data Link Connector, DLC, under the driver’s side of the dash. This is the connector that a scanner would be plugged in to.

Locate Pin connector “G”, which will be the lower left pin connector, you can determine this by looking at the side of the connector, a letter is assigned to each pin connector.

Ground pin connector “G” to a suitable ground. You will know when you have a suitable ground as your door locks will lock/unlock and the hatch will release. You are now in programming mode.

Press the LOCK button on the transmitter, this should Lock/Unlock and release the rear hatch latch again.

Repeat for the next remote.

When finish with all remotes, disconnect ground wire and confirm operation by operating each remote; Lock, Unlock, and Lift Gate Window.

I hope this helps someone that ha

Old 05-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Accurate Keyless Entry Programming instructions for 93 Blazer, among other things.

That's a good post. Mine's also a 93, so I will definitely check it out.

Old 05-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Accurate Keyless Entry Programming instructions for 93 Blazer, among other things.

Thanks for the info!

Old 05-17-2006, 06:06 PM
93LT is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I should note that the programming instructions that I provided are from the 1993 GM Service Manual, I meant to note that in the original post.

Glad you all enjoyed, maybe someone will find out they have a bonus as well. According to the dealership, they weren't surprised to find this out, figuring the module was installed just ahead of the console and the build sheet hadn't been properly noted prior to installing the module. I always thought it was odd it didn't come with Keyless Entry as it is an LT model with Digital dash and full leather interior (even the door panel inserts are leather to my surprise, a label fell out when removing the left rear door panel stating so and after pulling a wrapped around piece back, I confirmed it. who-da-thunk-it!). My 01 LT Crew Cab just has leather in the front, not the rear, much less not on the door panels.