Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2006, 10:41 AM

lawarf22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blower switch

I just bought this 96 Blazer for $4oo.oo bucks, put a 98 engine for $650.00 in it and we're on the road. But we have a few problems. The condencer was bad, replaced, pumped down the system, recharged, cool air. The blower control switch only works on the top two speeds. We put in a used switch but, still got the same results. We also have a vacume leak behind the dash, air only comes from defrost and floor vents. we'll fix that when we replace the heater core. Do you really have to pull the entire dash and drop the steering wheel to do that. I replaced the core in my 96 S-10 pickup many years ago and I don't recall having to do all that. Any help on that switch thing would be appreciated.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:44 PM
BF Veteran

Chevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Blower switch

Quote:
ORIGINAL: lawarf22

I just bought this 96 Blazer for $4oo.oo bucks, put a 98 engine for $650.00 in it and we're on the road. But we have a few problems. The condencer was bad, replaced, pumped down the system, recharged, cool air. The blower control switch only works on the top two speeds. We put in a used switch but, still got the same results. We also have a vacume leak behind the dash, air only comes from defrost and floor vents. we'll fix that when we replace the heater core. Do you really have to pull the entire dash and drop the steering wheel to do that. I replaced the core in my 96 S-10 pickup many years ago and I don't recall having to do all that. Any help on that switch thing would be appreciated.
I would suggest checking the blower motor resistor, mounted on the heater box in the engine compartment.
Often a wire will burn out in one of the resistor coils and you will lose one or more of your fan speeds

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time

The '74 Blazer convertible, new exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/user/hdharley.../9/BZySHHznFTs
Old 06-22-2006, 07:44 PM

Tags
1996, 98, blazer, blower, chevy, control, fan, motor, mounted, problem, replace, resister, show, switch, youtube