General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Fuel Pressure relief valve

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel Pressure relief valve

What exactly is the valve? size/type/ To make up a pressure relief tool/guage would require you to buy what type of valve to incorporate into a system that already has the guage with the quick release fitting.
tia

Old 04-15-2006, 02:42 PM
blazingsadle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Fuel Pressure relief valve

Are you missing the proper adaptor? i have used a kit such as this; http://www.tradervar.com/cgi-bin/sto...age=cp7838.htm

Proper adaptor cam with it.

Is this something like you are looking for, to hook a meter to?? http://www.fuelsystemparts.com/itemd...01~eq~~Tp~.htm

Old 04-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Starting Member
2klt is an unknown quantity at this point

That set up would be nice, but dont think I need anything that elaborate. I already have what I need in way of the guage, hose, and there is a pressure release on the fitting that the guage fits onto. Like on some air pressure guages, holds the pressure until release it hit. The fitting I need to what I need to attach to that setup to the Schrader valve on the line. This line on my 00' in behind the TB, between it and the distributor. Not really sure what the vinyl hose is for that comes off the tee by the guage of the complete unit you sent me the link to unless for draining off fuel. That would not benecessary in this case since there is nowhere to put this into the line anyway down by the filter. I would like to setup something though just to be able to monitor and/or check the fuel line pressure up to the TB. If I am missing something here, I am not sure. Let me know if this line of thinking is incorrect.
Thanks for the URL's and the replies...

Old 04-15-2006, 05:22 PM
blazingsadle is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah vinyl hose goes to some sort of catch can, in theory. The adaptor fitting link is what you woould need to do to mount a full time guage somewhere. Those normally use 1/8 npt fittings and can be plumbed using this or any similar adaptor. A schrader valve is for temporary use only. It should not be hooked up permanently. Many gauges come with this or some sort of adaptor. The the only two things needed are the proper thread to replace the valve and the proper fitting to use the npt !/8 hose.

A good for instance is the one on my camaro. Its inline but off a T hooked through a 1/8 npt fitting. The schrader would have to be taken out to be replaced by the adaptor to the fuel pressure gauge. You could hook up some extra plumbing to reinstall schrader off a T, so that you could still relieve pressure when needed.