General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

97 Lt questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Canadianblazer97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 97 Lt questions

I have the manual climate control and my air conditioning is blowing hot air. could this be because i need an AC recharge?

Old 06-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 97 Lt questions

Is your compressor clutch engaging (spinning the compressor) when you have the A/C on and the controls set to cold? If not, then it is possible that you have a low refridgerant condition and the PCM is locking out the clutch as to not damage the system.

To fill the system with one of the kits from any autoparts store (heck even walmart), you must jumper the compressor clutch to run the compressor. This is done by taking a wire from the positive battery terminal and bugging it into the plug on the compressor clutch. You will also need a ground in the same fashion.

If the PCM still does not engage the compressor clutch when requested after charging the system up to the proper level, then further diagnostics must be done and it is quickly becoming more than a backyard mechanic can handle due to the specialized tools required.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:59 PM
DavidBoone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 97 Lt questions

Either that or a new compressor. Just spent 620 on my 97 2 days ago for this. Mine was also blowing but just extremely hot air. Chances are 80/20 U need a new compressor. The stock compressors for these vehicles suck. almost all bad that came stock If you do buy a compressor I would recommend buying a new one because the stock ones are unreliable and only about 3 /10
from a salvage yard would not have lost there performance ability. Hope this helps