General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

TCCM WATER WOES

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 08:46 PM
TomSB is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TCCM WATER WOES

Ive got a 99 4dr/fwd blazer LS. Recently the tranfer case shift control modual
(TCCM) was making alot of noise (relay click click click) I got advice on this board what the problem was and was spot on . water was making its way to the tccm and corroding the wires where the meet the circuit board. Subsequentlly the board eventualy got fried. Im wondering if the water could be coming from condensation from the AC witch my wife has been using alot lately. (It's been hot here) It hasnt rained any significant amount in months here'but I have noticed the condnesation on the ground, directly under the TCCM. Is it posssible the ac drain hose is plugged or not draining correctly?
the new TCCM costs $330.00 to $450.00 so before i put in a new one I'd like to make sure i've remedied the water problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated , Thanks in advance.........Tom

Old 08-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: TCCM WATER WOES

The A/C drain is located on the passenger side about 3" in FRONT of the firewall and just to the inside edge of the inner fender (so about 12-16" in from the fender lip in front of the door). There really isn't a drain hose to speak of... Just a hole in the bottom of the A/C housing. I cleaned mine out this summer with some compressed air, but to find it, I removed the inner fender on the passenger side.

Old 08-19-2006, 03:44 PM

THanks KyleI, I'll give ti a try.

Old 08-19-2006, 03:45 PM

Thanks Kyle, I'll give it a try.

Old 08-19-2006, 10:40 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey tom I'm glad I was able to help. Now I'll try again, Usually what causes this is a leak at the winshield, even if you haven't had alot of rain it doesn't take much and it could take several weeks for the water to do it's damage. The A/C drain is a VERY IMPROBABLE scenario because your evaporator case is under the hood not in the dash. You're seeing it under the left kick panel because it drains directly onto the right frame rail and runs down it to the footwell area and then to the ground. It could be coming in the cowl area also or even the right front door.