General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

power door locks and liftgate

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Craig Austin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default power door locks and liftgate

lift gate lock stopped working buttun on dash key fob button on tailgate nothin worked. opened up manually took off panel on tailgate and checked out actuator seemed fine checked relay in fuse box under hood it was good. assumed actuator was bad but noticed this morning power door locks buttons on doors wont work but key fob does. checked fuse for door locks and it was good. i am assuming the two problems are connected but am stumped where to go next. help

Old 10-22-2006, 05:21 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: power door locks and liftgate

Welcome to the forum. It's a lot easier to help if you let us know something about your vehicle, like make , model, year.
You would probably get more response in the technical section of the forum.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Craig Austin is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I never thought about mentioning make or model. Its a 1999 Chevy Blaxer 2Dr 2Wd

Old 10-22-2006, 06:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to 'General Tech'...

Old 11-12-2006, 09:38 PM
mcshade311 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having the same problem on my 2000 2dr blazer. has anyone seen this problem befoe or does anyone have a wiring diagram of this system?

lift gate lock stopped working buttun on dash key fob button on tailgate nothin worked. opened up manually took off panel on tailgate and checked out actuator seemed fine checked relay in fuse box under hood it was good. assumed actuator was bad but noticed this morning power door locks buttons on doors wont work but key fob does. checked fuse for door locks and it was good. i am assuming the two problems are connected but am stumped where to go next. help

Old 11-12-2006, 11:15 PM
ripblazer97 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. I've had the same problem with my liftgate. Electrnics sound like they're working, but no mechanical connection is working to open the liftgate. How to fix it?
2. Power locks: A friend borrowed my Blazer and said it locked him out with the keys inside. He said that he unlocked the driver's door, unlocked all the doors, then opened the rear driver's side passenger door and put something on the back seat. He then closed the door, then heard a sequence of clicking sounds. At that point he tried to open the driver's door and couldn't. He tried all the doors and found that they all were locked. That has NEVER happened with me. My Blazer is still stuck where he left it. I told him I would check it out online. I know that the toggle switch on the driver's door was set to "child" or whatever as opposed to "normal". Is this "auto-locking" a feature that I'm not aware of? The salesman never gave me a 1997 manual to the vehicle, so I just don't know.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:20 PM
Beginning Member
UrbanOffRoader is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey RipBlazer97, it sounds like you and I are having the same issues (almost).

Mine were unlocking themselves, and randomly locking while driving. I'm still trying to figure it out. All I could do in the meantime was to pull the power lock fuse and go manual. Using a key in the door is a pain, but it beats having your keys getting locked inside.

I'm going to play with everything this weekend. If I find the culprit, I'll post the solution.