General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Temp sensor location

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 08:30 PM
stidrvr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Temp sensor location

Im trying to help a friend. Just recently the outside temp reading started to go haywire. After about 20 mins of running the reading would be at 100+ degrees when its 20 outside. He thinks that maybe the braket holding the sensor broke. Altough we cant find it. Where is the temp sensor for ambient air located? Thanks

Old 02-07-2006, 09:21 PM
LittleDan911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Temp sensor location

On My 2001 The Temp Sensor Is Located Right Next To The Brake Fluid Res. In The Block Its Not To Bad T oGet To....And You Should Be Able To See It Without Moving Anything

Old 02-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The ambient temp sensor (not engine temp sensor - sorry Dan) is located on the center support bracket behind the front grill, but in front of the radiator. It is possible that the clip holding it to the support has fallen off (mine did this) and that the sensor has fallen in close to the radiator. My Bravada is VERY user friendly when attempting to gain access to the grill area. Just pop/prop the hood and pull on the center grill section and it snaps out of place. Don't know how difficult it would be to gain access to this area in a Blazer. It may be easier to pull off the front lower air damn from behind the bumper and go from underneith. The sensor just has a little metal clip that holds it to the support.

If you would like, I can snap a pic tomorrow after I get home from work to show you what the sensor looks like and it's proper position. It should be mounted in the same area on a Blazer as it is on my Bravada (same vehicle aside from the AWD/body cladding).

Good Luck!

Old 02-08-2006, 12:16 PM
stidrvr is an unknown quantity at this point

So I was at work last night and I thought to myself, I guess it would help if I told them a year... Duh. Its a 96 Blazer. Hey Kyle thanks for the offer. I'll tell him to check behind the grill and see if its there. If we cant see it then maybe I'll take you up on your offer.