Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Exhaust help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Starting Member
justinh4578 is on a distinguished road
Default Exhaust help.

Ok so I have been browsing through pages and pages on this topic here. I can't find anything to answer the questions I have. I saw the one guy on here did a magnaflow exhaust on his(zr2 I believe) blazer and it looked great. He welded it to the exsisting pipes though. I have a 96 4dr 4 wheel dr and am in the market for a whole new cat and back. I say cat because it rattles and is in pieces. I am getting the magnaflow catalytic converter. I can not seem to find a magnaflow 2.50 cat-back for my application. I will not do the cherry bomb thing and I don't want to do the JBA or gibson. Haven't heard the greatest. I also don't feel like getting the cheapest exhaust out there which is the dynomax from advance or something. I was searching and found I can just buy the 2.5 inch tail pipe and buy a magnaflow muffler and do it that way but is that the only way and also what part number have you guys used for your muffler? I like the looks of the one I mentioned earlier if anyone knows the part number that would help. What have you all run on the 4dr 4 wheel drs? What improvements have you seen or gained? Thanks in advance.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Starting Member

Anyone on here who use magnaflow on their blazer know what part # their muffler is? Do you have a sound clip? I have been searching through the magnaflow universal mufflers but have no clue how our v6 make them sound.

Old 09-11-2010, 08:28 AM
R2P
Starting Member
R2P is on a distinguished road

I don't have one personally, but the dimensions on this Magnaflow muffler are very similar to the OEM muffler. I'm sure you can use any one you want as long as the inlet and outlet match up size and position-wise. Keep in mind a shorter muffler will require extra pipe to be welded in.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Starting Member

Thanks
Yeah. I know about the extra pipe and all that. I just need to make sure that I have my offset/center-outlet correct on new muffler right? There are many universal mufflers out there that will work with the blazer. I just wanted to make sure I am using one that I know sounds good and worked for someone else.

Oh and the inlet is center and the outlet is offset right?

Last edited by rriddle3; 09-12-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS. PLEASE USE THE 'EDIT' BUTTON TO ADD TO A POST IF NOBODY HAS YET RESPONDED.