Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

aftermarket mass air flow sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM
O_P_PLaya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default aftermarket mass air flow sensor

hey i bought a Granatelli mass air flow sensor for my 2000 chevy blazer, but it didnt wanna work as i had hoped.it gave me sum problems. i sent it back and they're gonna send me a new one. my ? is should i try the granatelli again, go with a jet performance MAFS, of just stick to a stock one.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:15 PM
postal99blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: aftermarket mass air flow sensor

to get the maximum use out of it youll need to tune ur ecu for it

Old 07-13-2006, 02:44 AM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

What sort of problems did you have with it? I was thinking of getting the same thing for my 2000 blazer. When you get the new one, post up on how well it works.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:40 PM

alright i'll let u know how it turns out. what about the hypertech programmer??? is it worth that much money??? does it really make a difference?

Old 07-15-2006, 09:25 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

The programmer is nice. You can adjust your shift points so it redlines just before it shifts. Also it adjusts the firmness of the shift. The programmer itself will add about 5-10 rwhp when programmed for use with regular gasoline. Better gains can be seen with premium fuel. If you have or plan on getting bigger tires, the programmer lets you adjust your speedometer and odometer to make it accurate. Is it worth 250 dollars? I would think not so much, but then again I got mine for $150. Gotta love E-bay! I guess it depends on how much you intend on using it. Hope that helped you out.

Old 07-17-2006, 06:35 PM

thanks 4 the info on the programmer. i havent got the programmer yet, but i let u guys u know how everything works out.

Old 07-17-2006, 08:45 PM
02 Vortech is an unknown quantity at this point

DONT DO IT---- WASTE WASTE WASTE

AFTERMARKET MAF IS A WASTE OF MONEY- even running 12psi i will still run the stock maf. it flows good enough 2 350hp. and the aftermarket ones are crap.

UNDERDRIVE PULLIES ARE THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK----

you could have
march underdrive pullies
and custom exhaust made for that and modify your intake box and put K&N drop in, in it and get much better results.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:08 PM

hey thanks for the advice. i've heard of the march underdrive pulleys, but sum of my friends hav told me to wit off on the pulleys until i hav sum engine work done first. what is ur suggestion(s)? 02Vortech??

Old 08-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: iceflames11

Is it worth 250 dollars? I would think not so much, but then again I got mine for $150. Gotta love E-bay!
Ha. They're going for $350 on Ebay nowadays...

Old 08-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well this thread is over a year old...[sm=sigh.gif]

Quick Reply: aftermarket mass air flow sensor