Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

aftermarket muffler. What should I get? Come on;) you know you want to help me out

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Beginning Member
mxboy96 is on a distinguished road
Default aftermarket muffler. What should I get? Come on;) you know you want to help me out

I've got the 4.3 in my blaze, like so many others. I love it to death despite it's 'problems',lol. I didn't mind it being quite at all, but I'm still a kid and wanted to open up the exhaust some and get a nice tone goin. So I had my fav tranny/exhaust shop(Performance Transmission of Norfolk,NE) take out the muff and straight pipe it with a resonator tip. I'll tell ya, it sounds nice for a 6 banger. And I'm not the kind of guy to like the sound of a sixer, gotta be 8 all the way,lol. And now it's just getting to be annoying. So I'm gunna put a muff back on, but can't decide what's best. On one hand, I want it back to stock quite but diffently not stock backpressure with that monster of a can it had. But then again I want something that will have little interior resonance, but still sound good outside. Everyone I know runs the well known 'Flowmaster 40', which I have no beaf on at all. I just want something different to be different and not run what everyone else does. I'm thinking 2 1/2in. center in/out Cherry Bomb Pro. It's small, nice looking, 3 chamber for decent noise reduction, but yet not producing a noticable amount of backpressure. What do ya think? I'll take any advice I can get Thanks!

Old 01-02-2010, 12:14 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Just go on youtube and search for "4.3l (insert muffler brand here)" and decide if you like that brand of muffler or not. Dynomax turbo mufflers aren't too aggressive and give good flow. Magnaflow is another great option, but will be slightly louder than a Dynoflow.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:48 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

There is TONS of information on just about every exhaust option here on the forum. Just do a search for whichever brand name you're looking for and you will find plenty of reviews and comments.
Personally I have the Cherry Bomb Turbo in mine. it was extremely cheap and overall I'm pretty happy with it. It gives a nice deep sound to it, but it's not overly loud.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:05 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

MagnaFlow is very mellow and quite and is a straight through muffler.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Starting Member
bigjon1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the flowmaster 40 on mine and love it. But my girlfriends brother has a silverado with the 4.3 dualed with cherry bomb glasspacks it sounds pretty much like a v8. Just my 2 cents

Old 01-02-2010, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Currently I have a factory type replacement muffler out of a "doner truck" but before I bought my Blazer I has driving an 87 Mustang GT with a Dynomax system in it and it sounded great and different than every other Mustang on the road. At that time every other Mustang was running Flowmaster mufflers and alot of people would askwhat mods I had done to my car because it sounded different. When it comes time to change out my muffler thats what I going to look into as a replacement. Just my opinion.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:50 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

there is a lot that CAN be done, but your best bet is a simple high flow cat/flowmaster super 40 combo pack.

im running that and dumped my tail pipe 90 degrees off the back of the muffler (just forward of the rear tire). at first i though it sounded kid of light, but for this truck, it's one of the best you can get with out custom fabbing true dual or dumping it at the headers

Old 01-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Beginning Member
tonto5968 is on a distinguished road

Flowmaster super 44 is what i have one my blazer. no cat+super 44= VERY LOUD

Old 01-03-2010, 07:01 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently posted a thread like this. The Cherry bomb extreme, It's got a nice rumble at idle with a slight rasp at 70 mph. Not loud in the cab at all, except on cold starts for the first 2-3 minutes. Inside the sound pretty much dissapears above a certain rpm, like most mufflers on these engines. It won't give you a headache like my ex- girlfriends Camaro would, but thats another story. Man I miss that sexy thing, and the girl!

Old 01-11-2010, 06:11 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

i am a magnaflow man. It sounds nice and is stainless steel so no rust.