Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Air injection tubes on Edelbrock headers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 02:36 PM
HaulZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Air injection tubes on Edelbrock headers?

Hi guys, I have a question reguarding the air injection tubes on Edelbrock headers. I have the Edelbrocks on my '87 Blazer but do not have the injection tubes on them. I was told that the stock ones are too long for the Edelbrocks...so I called Edelbrock and asked them and they said that the stock ones work on their headers (they make them to fit all stock smog equipment) which is what I initially thought.

My question is: If I source some stock air injection tubes will they indeed fit on the aftermarket Edelbrock headers?? Also, anyone know where to source some new/used ones from?

Thanks in advance

Old 09-23-2005, 02:12 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Air injection tubes on Edelbrock headers?

Air injection tubes? Are you talking about the air pump? Not sure its really worth all that trouble. I think you can just plug off all thsoe hoses and everything will work fine. It's getting late and I am drawing a blank as to the purpose of he air pump at the moment. I want to say it only helps with exhaust gasses, but like I said. My mind isn't with it at the moment. Someone straten me out eh!!!!

Old 09-23-2005, 04:02 PM

They are the tubes on the headers/manifolds...all they do is pump clean air into the exhaust system for emissions purposes. I have the Edelbrock headers with the port for the air injection tubes but I dont have the tubes so I was just wondering if anyone knew if the stock tubes fit the Edelbrock headers like the guy at Edelbrock told me.

I just called the dealer and ordered some...they were only $13.

I would cap them but I figured they are so cheap, I may as well put them on and be done with it and be legal

Old 09-24-2005, 02:01 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds reasonable.

How do you like those headers?

Old 09-25-2005, 12:16 AM

I like them. Nice quality and good power. Very reasonably priced as well, but it helps to live down the street from Summit Racing =)