Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Best sounding muffler for the 4.3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 08:34 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

go back on youtube and listen to more clips and find something you like. there is not one magic muffler out there that makes a v6 sound like a v8.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Beginning Member
95 S10 Blazer is on a distinguished road

ive been on youtube everyday looking at flowmaster mufflers, dynomax catback system, thrush, cherry bomb, and borla. they all sound like a rice rocket at top end and i cant find any vids that have like a drive away video so i can hear what it sounds like under load instead of just reving. has anyone had any luck with the dynomax catback?

Old 07-26-2009, 10:03 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

its a v6 no matter what muffler you run the top end is going to get a bit ricey.

Old 07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

I personally like the sound of a car/truck when done right. I like the sound of I4's when they sound like tuners that have done it right and not sound like a angry swarm of bees aka fart cans, V6's have a nice deep sound to them and are just as loud as anything you want it to be. V8's just get even deeper and just sound amazeing honestly, But my friends dad has a Viper SRT10 with a monster cam, long tube headers, open headers, cai, tune and this thing sounds deeper and louder than anything you could imageine. Now you dont go around hearing people asking how they can make there V8 sound like something its not which is a V10, What you should be saying is listen to my V6 Rumble . A motor will always just sound like the motor it is. Thats just it, Its just some exhausts will alter the pitch, or tone, and loudness. Me the louder and deeper the better haha

Old 07-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Beginning Member

thats true. is the dynomax exhaust a good choice?

Old 07-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Beginning Member

or a flowmaster 50. i just want advice on whats the best muffler or exhaust system i should get. as you all know i like the sound of a v8. a few days ago i just put in a new direct fit cat and my truck sounds better and more throughty sound (my spellings bad if i made any mistakes). along with that new cat i want to put a muffler or system that will make it sound even more throaghtyer and more badass sounding. i just need advice/help on what muffler will give me what i want. i hope that helps...sorry for all this stuff thati keep bringing up i hope im not pissing anyone off. im just young and have a lot of questions.

Old 07-27-2009, 09:39 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

I really do understand what you like and etc, But its just really not going to happen. Its like trying to make an apple taste like an orange, its just something thats its not. People with weedwackers arent trying to make them sound like V6 or V8's but that would be funny. FlowMaster is what I have and you cant go wrong with either, I have the 40 and the 44 is a tad louder and deeper from what ive heard, the only reason I had got the 40 is because they dident have the 44 in yet. FlowMaster gives it a deep sound and gives it that rumble and rumpity rump that a cam has. That would be one of the choices I would go with.

Old 07-28-2009, 01:08 AM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i went with a cherry bomb glass pack and i gotta say im happy with it well sort of happy with it definately sounds better than stuck and for 25 bucks i cant conplain but...... it could sound a lot deeper so next step magnaflow cats (maybe, i might just cut the cat out completely) and a flowmaster 40 series

Old 07-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Beginning Member
tululilopo is on a distinguished road

not even kidding... on vortec's like the one in urs... thrush dual chamber muffler... u will never hear a better growl from a v6 and some v8's like this is pretty much just the littlest bit quieter than runnin strait cats...

Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Nathan1991 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, finally getting around to putting my muffler on now that works slowed down. I'm basically doing a strait muffler swap for the flowmaster super 44.
It was a difficult task getting those bolts out of the flange... dont know if anyone here bothered with keeping the flanges? I fired up the welding stick just to get those suckers melted then pounded them out lol.
anyways, getting a custom pipe made tommorow to run from the outlet to the stock tail pipe, should be straight forward from here on in, I will try to post a vid soon after im done

Quick Reply: Best sounding muffler for the 4.3?