Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Flowmaster Super 40?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 12:46 PM
mccague36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flowmaster Super 40?

I am thinking about doing the exhaust myself, and so far I'm thinking about just chopping off the stock muffler and clamping a Flowmaster Super 40 with dual outlets in its place and skipping the tail pipe. Maybe at another time I will put the rest of the dual outlets on either out the side or out the back. What do you think about that? And, does anyone know anything about hollowing out the cat? It makes for easier breathing for the engine, but does it mess with the o2 sensor? Just brainstorming, looking for input, critisism or ideas. Thanks.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Flowmaster Super 40?

so the exhaust would just end at the muffler? i dont think its too safe in suv's because the exhaust gases can go up into the cabin. CO = [sm=smiley11.gif]

people do it in trucks but the gases wont really get into the cabin because the muffler is further back.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:33 PM
mccague36 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good call, i didnt think of that

Old 02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya right now (since i'm in the process of puttin on my exhaust) i just have the extension pipe on w/ no muffler or tail pipe and u can smell some exhaust from time to time but i dont think u would just want the dual exit muffler on there that would be kinda bad i would think. ik they sell a prebent pipe set for dual exit exhaust for atleast a 1st gen blazer cuz i put the right side one on mine and it works (i just wanted the singe to exit the rear)

Old 03-09-2008, 01:33 AM
RoyalWaldo is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

so the exhaust would just end at the muffler? i dont think its too safe in suv's because the exhaust gases can go up into the cabin. CO = [sm=smiley11.gif]

people do it in trucks but the gases wont really get into the cabin because the muffler is further back.
And it may be illegal. I know in Florida the exhaust has to come out after the rear tire.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:43 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: RoyalWaldo

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

And it may be illegal. I know in Florida the exhaust has to come out after the rear tire.
yeah, here in texas, on an SUV at least, the exhaust has to come out after the rear tire. trucks can come out before the rear tire but hav to be after the cab

Old 03-09-2008, 09:47 AM
95BlazerLt4wd is an unknown quantity at this point

i broke my tailpipe clean off on accident when i was putting my shackles on, so my muffler is dumped right under my cab, i havent smelled/noticed any fumes yet, im not to worried about it, probably wont fix it until time for inspection comes, which is i think march of 09 i forget, or untill summer when i have some money again.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:33 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

inspection??? exhaust laws??? i do not know these that you speak of.... I live in kentucky.. honestly, i'm surprised that state police cars aren't straight piped..lmao

Old 03-09-2008, 02:07 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: 95BlazerLt4wd

i broke my tailpipe clean off on accident when i was putting my shackles on, so my muffler is dumped right under my cab, i havent smelled/noticed any fumes yet, im not to worried about it, probably wont fix it until time for inspection comes, which is i think march of 09 i forget, or untill summer when i have some money again.
haha thats how my truck sits now exhaust dumps off right after the extention pipe no muffler or tail pipe now. i started doin my exhaust and ran into some problems and since then its been too cold or i havent had time.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:48 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Hollowing out the cat is a no no, number one on a stock based motor I don't see a reason to do that! What I would do is replace the exhaust from the cat back with a mandrel bent system with the super 40 on it and dump it either out the back or after the rear wheel and it will be fine!!