Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Performance exhaust??

Old 07-07-2012, 10:20 PM
slowsinglecam is on a distinguished road

I just used new stock piping and a cherry bomb muffler. Sounds really good. Nice a deep and not all drones.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Jimmy_Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Performance exhaust??

Anyone know of a decent performance exhaust (or something to make it sound good) that wont break the bank to harshly? Same with a cat. as well??

Old 07-08-2012, 12:25 AM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by Jimmy_Blazer
Anyone know of a decent performance exhaust (or something to make it sound good) that wont break the bank to harshly? Same with a cat. as well??
Any "complete exhaust kit" is asking to break the bank. I would just go custom and save a few hundred dollars. Go to an exhaust shop and either get a cherry bomb, flowmaster, thrush, magnaflow, whatever muffler you like put on with some 2 1/4 inch or 2 1/2 inch piping and be on your way. Cheapest way to go! If inclined to, also add a tip. Cats are expensive, it is just the nature of the beast. But I hear people getting high-flow cats put on. I think Magnaflow makes one. I'd check into that.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Starting Member
Antbankz is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
Any "complete exhaust kit" is asking to break the bank. I would just go custom and save a few hundred dollars. Go to an exhaust shop and either get a cherry bomb, flowmaster, thrush, magnaflow, whatever muffler you like put on with some 2 1/4 inch or 2 1/2 inch piping and be on your way. Cheapest way to go! If inclined to, also add a tip. Cats are expensive, it is just the nature of the beast. But I hear people getting high-flow cats put on. I think Magnaflow makes one. I'd check into that.
lmao dam ur avatar tibby. . i swatted my screen!

i just got my flowmaster,had it dump about 12in behind muffler sounds loud and deep!
a sweet rumble tone while at idle to.
if u dont want it dump 2.50in piping does the job nice..

Old 07-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Starting Member
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road

And make sure too look it up on youtube before you buy it by searching for what you wanna hear on a blazer, like "flowmaster super 44 blazer" or "cherry bomb turbo 4.3"

Or you could have a muffler like mine. I was going down a rough muddy road a few months back and bumped a rock causing a small hole or two in my muffler making it sound mildly throatier.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Beginning Member
ooo.patrick is on a distinguished road

Does anybody have a thrush exhaust? This is the one im looking at Buy Thrush Turbo Muffler 17711 at Advance Auto Parts If anyone could tell me tips on putting it on or how, my buddy welds.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:20 AM
Starting Member
red06sc is on a distinguished road

I got a magnaflow cat-back off amazon shipped for $147. worked out good because i get a $75 rebate. Anyways.. got it on today, sound isnt much over stock... i can tell but its not loud, which for me works great. It might get louder once its gets a few miles on it. Performance wise i didnt really notice much of a gain. I think it has a little bit better of pick up.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:08 PM
Starting Member
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road

Here is the the Thrush Turbo muffler sound

And here is the Thrush Welded muffler sound

Old 07-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Beginning Member
jwalker1992 is on a distinguished road

my blazer has some little 12 inch long glass pack (dont know the brand) on it everything stock with stock cat to me at idle you cant hardly hear it then when driving it has a what sounds like a big exaust leak and i hate the sound im sure if it was put on right and not just bolted on it might sound alot better

Old 07-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Starting Member
redneck44244 is on a distinguished road

i have the thrush welded muffler and it sounds just like the one in the video, from what ive read its just a cheaper knock off of the flowmaster 44 but, anyway i love it a very nice sound for a 6v.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Performance exhaust??