Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Modifications > Performance & Brainstorming > Headers, Intake, & Exhaust
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2008, 02:08 PM

lakai_85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MAF sensor 2000 blazer

i have a 2000 blazer zr2 with magnaflow muffler and removed cat(yes i chipped the O2 sensor out behind the cat and it runs great) i also have a K&N cold air intake. if you wanna know more about what i have done feel free to ask but as for engine intake and exhaust mods that is about it.
my question is regarding the JET MAF(mass air flow)sensor.
i have spoken with performance shops and they have told me not to use a performance MAF sensor with the k&N filter system because the oil on the filter does send particals of oil up the tube and will clog and create problems with the MAF.
i am thinking i can change my filter to a AEM dry cone filter then the performance MAF should not clog and all will be happy and i might get a extra 15 to 25 poneys to the rear wheel (so JET boasts)
if anyone has had problems with this aplication or know more about it please contact me
Old 05-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk
Default RE: MAF sensor 2000 blazer

Unless you are making more than 350HP, there is no reason to upgrade the MAF sensor. There are a few members running the stock maf with turbos without issue.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:58 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
2000, air, airflow, blazer, change, chevy, cone, flow, headers, jet, maf, mass, sensor, size, zr2