Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Need help deciding on exhaust and intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by danb2760
i have a 95 that i build custom intake (removed the boxes and its just straight to the cone, still have the peice that bolts on fan guard on, its stock untill right after that then its that crome plastic from advance and turns down and i have a K&N cone, i got the cone filter was actually the same price as the drop in filter) as for my exhaust, its the stock set up in a way, if you can weld(like i did) the possibilities are endless, mine has a flange on the cat so i bought a flange and welded it to a flowmaster super 44, and ran a dynomax 2.5 inch tailpipe and cut it just before the tow hitch and welded a dual tip with angle cut rolled ends, it sounds great to me (i even thought about the flowmaster super 10 but i think id get pulled over for that in virgnia lol), unfortunatly the new the blazer it seems the less room you have to work exhaust, mines a 2 door 4x4 and the 20gal tank is in the very back, that leaves almost no room for dual exhaust, but im happy with my single set up, good luck let me know what you go with! mine has that deep truck idle roar to it and fortunatly these 4.3ls (single cats dont know about the double cats) actually sound pretty beastly, think about it, i havent ever seen a v6 bigger than a 4.3 262, actually the 262 used to be a V8 back in the day,so a 4.3l is almost in a way a big block v6 lol, as far as my new intake, its really cool to listen to it suck in the air, and the throttle response is amazing and going up hill it really sets you back in the seat, i notice mine most between 3500rpm and 5000, its like it hits a sweet spot that just lays you back even further and takes off
you should post up a video of your truck idleing and reving a bit, i'm looking for a new exhaust as well (flowmaster 40) but what you did sounds pretty nice.