Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Opinion on which setup will sound better

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:28 PM
priesman64 is on a distinguished road
Default Opinion on which setup will sound better

Alright guys i've got an 01 ls blazer 4x4 4.3L and I'm wanting to give it a little more bark. I'm stuck between two ideas and it comes down to what will sound better. My first way which is the way that I'm leaning towards just because it'll give me better flow would be a true dual set up. It would consist of 2.5 inch pipe coming off of each manifold going into aftermarket high flow cats 2 of them no y pipe or maybe not any but will probably run them, into either an x pipe or just go striaght to 2 flowmaster super 44s coming out to duals.

My second idea will be just run factory y pipe and cat but add a flowmaster super 44 single in dual out to duals.

Wondering which will sound the best and as far as sound goes im refering to which will have the deepest sound and wont sound higher pitched at higher rpms. i want it to have a very deep growl.

Thanks

Nick

Old 07-23-2011, 08:50 AM

I tried searching and the only thing i could find was stuff for just a muffler. I'd like to know if the true dual setup will sound better than just a muffler swap

Old 07-23-2011, 11:20 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

If you look through this section, Headers, Intake, & Exhaust, you'll find plenty of discussions on this subject. But if you're looking for a thread with the answer, you're out of luck because it's a subjective matter of taste. The general feeling is that true dual exhausts on these engines sound like 'dueling 3 cylinders' (as Kyle once said).

Old 07-24-2011, 02:41 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by rriddle3
If you look through this section, Headers, Intake, & Exhaust, you'll find plenty of discussions on this subject. But if you're looking for a thread with the answer, you're out of luck because it's a subjective matter of taste. The general feeling is that true dual exhausts on these engines sound like 'dueling 3 cylinders' (as Kyle once said).
+1

I think most people on the forum either go single in & out or single in dual out and avoid true duals.

But when it comes to exhaust questions, Youtube is your answer. Youtube should have a sound comparison that you are looking for.

But imo, and like said, this is all subjective, I like single in dual out using a 1 chamber muffler.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:45 PM

ok thanks for the replys guys i'll probably go with a single in dual out just because i looked under my blazer today and its tighter than i thought it would be

Old 08-31-2011, 09:59 AM
Starting Member
88Vic is on a distinguished road

Besides that, dual 2.5" is way too big for a V6, it's actually larger than what should be used on a stock 350, dual 2" would be a good size for the V6 to keep the torque down low where you want it.