Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

biggest tires i can fit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member
thedopeshow912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default biggest tires i can fit?

I have a 97 blazer lt, lifted with a 2 inch body lift and 2 inch suspension..what are the biggest tires i can fit under there without havin them rub? i know 31's will fit, but will 32's fit?
And does backspacing matter? Because i have no clue what that really is...

Old 12-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: biggest tires i can fit?

https://blazerforum.com/m_10637/tm.htm

Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Yes backspacing matters. I have 2' bl, 2' shackles, and rub offroad with 30x10.50s.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Starting Member
SockJock is an unknown quantity at this point

I run 31's on the factory wheels without any rubbing issues. 32's would fit on mine with a little minor fender trimming.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What are you driving, with what options, and what modifications?

Old 12-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Starting Member

Sorry I should have clarified. That is on my 95 Chevy Blazer LT 4wd 4dr. My factory tbars were shot and it rode like a boat. So I went junkyard diving and found the beefiest tbars I could find on aBlazer. Yes theycome in different diameters. I got some off a 1999 or 2000 Blazer and installed them on my Blazer. The adjuster bolts are run all the way OUT. I also put a homebuilt add-a-leaf in the rear. No rubbing and no trimming. Also here's a pic showing the height of the top of the front fender lip to ground on it.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:08 PM
Starting Member

Forgot to add that I had also replaced the factory rubber body mount bushings with some urethane body mount bushings. If your body mount bushings are wore outlike mine were you'll gain a little extra height by replacing them with some urethane bushings.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, ok, so not stock. Your truck looks good!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Starting Member

Really I think you can make 31's fit with just a 2" body lift even if everything else is stock, but you need to run them on the factory wheels. If you opt for an aftermarket wheel you'll have to trim the rear of the front wheelwell openings. OH and thankyou for the compliment.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

ORIGINAL: SockJock

Really I think you can make 31's fit with just a 2" body lift even if everything else is stock, but you need to run them on the factory wheels. If you opt for an aftermarket wheel you'll have to trim the rear of the front wheelwell openings. OH and thankyou for the compliment.
So whats a little trimming!

I am getting ready to install my BDS 2 inch body lift (Waiting for it via UPS, the most nerve racking part)

After thats installed, I will be throwing on my 31 x 10.50 tires on aftermarket rims. Also have 1 inch adapters off the hub to mount these puppies on since their bolt pattern is 4.5 but any hoo.

If I see a little rubbing, we will trim which is no biggie. I doubt that I will have to though, we are going to do a small suspension lift with boosting up the front via the bars and add a leafs in the rear. But I will take pictures with just the body lift first to see how it looks and some measurements.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssss.

Quick Reply: biggest tires i can fit?