Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

How To: Rough Country 2.5" Lift Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 08:52 PM
chevybird is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info. its really just gonna be a daily driver, street queen. i bought it just to keep the miles off my bagged Silverado...and to have something to drive when its crappy out.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:26 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

This lift should serve you fine then.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Starting Member
madmaxxed is on a distinguished road

i just completed the 2.5" lift over the weekend. i used a set of superlift add a leafs along with some lift shackles i bought a while back so i didn't use the shackles included in the RC kit. I only ended up using the shocks and sway bar brackets from the kit. This along with the 2" body lift is a decent height. i was impressed witht he stance of the blazer and cannot wait to install the new tires and wheels now! This is also going to be an asphalt elephant.

Old 11-06-2015, 07:04 AM

So after swapping a ton of parts in my front in and doing this lift I am done. Question is what kind of measurements should I see out of this lift? I'm somewhere between 33 and 34 but I swear a bunch of people mentioned rubbing and I'm not anywhere near anything. Honestly thinking I need to come down a couple turns on the torsion bars thinking I may be having some binding. I'll measure everything this afternoon and get some pics.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:45 AM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

The first page of the instruction manual for the kit tells you what height you should be at.
"This suspension system was developed using a 31x10.5x15,
tire with factory wheels. If wider tires are used, offset wheels
and trimming will be required. This kit was developed to obtain
a front ride height of 21” on newer body style and 22” older
body style as measured from the center of the front wheel to
the bottom of the fender well."

Old 11-07-2015, 09:42 AM

Ok that's about right. I'm at 20.5 on the outside, but the truck rides like a soap box car. And I'm getting some binding when turning.

Old 11-10-2015, 09:51 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Alright finishing up on my install finally. Its been a slow process but getting there.
On your torsion keys adjusting bolts, how much thread is between the key and lock? Im at 21" or so and bolts are barely threaded up.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Starting Member

hmmmm... I can't say for certain but I threaded mine in roughly half way up on the bolt before making the adjustments. I had both sides even before the alignment and I believe the shop did some adjustments as well during the alignment because I noticed that the bolts are at completely different turns from one side to the other.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:55 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

Ok finished up got alignment done and drove about hundred miles. Checked underneath and here I go, pass. side inner cv shaft boot splattered grease. Is my problem the ride height? It looks that the alignment shop set height to 22", an inch over the RC instructions.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:37 AM
Starting Member

My passenger side inner boot came loose during removal from myself. I secured it again with the factory band and noticed the same. I replenished the grease and used a hose clamp and no more grease spatter. The driver side is tossing grease now. I haven't replaced the band yet but will do the same.

Quick Reply: How To: Rough Country 2.5" Lift Install